Thread: Toshiba Satellite Pro 4600(Windows 2000 Professional) is not booting

Toshiba Satellite Pro 4600(Windows 2000 Professional) is not booting

I am having a Toshiba Satellite Pro 4600(Windows 2000 Professional) and I don’t know why is it not booting, I have noticed that it is processing till the light blue screen after that it gives a BSOD along with a c000021a error and after that it is entering the automatic reboot loop, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it and can help me out as well??

Re: Toshiba Satellite Pro 4600(Windows 2000 Professional) is not booting

I am having a Toshiba Satellite Pro 4600(Windows 2000 Professional) and I don’t know why is it not booting, I have noticed that it is processing till the light blue screen after that it gives a BSOD along with a c000021a error and after that it is entering the automatic reboot loop, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it and can help me out as well??
    I think that you should better try out running the system in the safe mode and if that does not help then you will have to try out restoring from last known good configuration, just check it out and then let me know which possible solution is helping you out.

I just wanted to share that I have tried out the following solutions so far and they have not made any difference and I am still having the same issue:
    • I have tried out running it in the safe mode
    • Have tried restoring from last known good configuration
    • Have reset BIOS settings to default as well

Is there any other solution that I can try out??

In that case you can try using the Windows CD Roms and then make a recovery with the same, just try it out and see if that is helping or not.

Actually even I was thinking of trying out the same but then the other problem is that I am not having Windows CD Roms in order to run a recovery, I have just now checked out the Bootdisk website which has mentioned some method of making a emergency startup floppies but then I am hesitating a bit for doing the same, I don’t know what to do but then I really want to retrieve the web content that I am having in my HDD cache because that is really important for me, is there any workaround that I can try out.

See if you are not having issue with the ram or the hdd then you can try out booting to a live Linux distro as you don’t have the cd, just use the live Linux distro and then you will be able to acess the folder and then get the file that you are looking for.

Yes you can try out the above solution but then you can also download the Linux distro and then burn it onto CD from another system that is running on mac and after that you can use the same cd for booting up your Toshiba Satellite Pro 4600.second solution that you can try out is connecting your hard drive to some other system that is running on mac and then search for the file that you are willing to access and also make sure that you are changing the folder setting to access the hidden data as well, just see what possible and feasible solution you can try out. I think that both solutions should workout for you. Best of luck.

I have searched for the error that you have mentioned above and the and I have found out a trouble shooting for the same if you want then you can try out the same and see if it is making any difference or not, just follow the below article:
    How to troubleshoot a "STOP 0xC000021A" error