Thread: getting notification sound while docking my Motorola Droid X2!

getting notification sound while docking my Motorola Droid X2!

I have just bought Droid X2 phone! I have been noticing that whenever I dock my phone I get notification sound after every few minute! This really irritates me as It sounds like incoming mail or message but when you unlock the phone there is nothing in there! I need to mute my phone to get rid of this sound! isn’t there any other way by which I can stop it!

Re: getting notification sound while docking my Motorola Droid X2!

All of you guys who are having this problem while docking, check the connection you might not have inserted the phone properly! It will keep ringing until you make the proper connection! Usually this sound comes when you dock the phone to computer, if it is continuously giving you notification that means you have not properly plugged in! this may be because of its bottom is little curved! Dock your phone properly or it will not be good to your phone battery!

This sound is really annoying as I can’t stop it from ringing! I have searched in all the settings in my mobile but there is nothing mentioned about this sound! I also do not see the reason for this to happen! It specially irritates me at night by disturbing me! If I mute my phone then my phone alarm doesn’t ring properly and I get late in waking up in the morning!

I found fix for my sound problem there were two problems one was USB debugging, I turned that option off and second was “stay awake” option while being docked! So to setting and then applications now locate the option for “development”, here you will find the option for enabling option “stay awake”! Doing this will help you get rid of this sound but not for very long period! Otherwise you can just exit the dock program and turn off your display!

I have also tried hard to stop this noise but failed! What I did is set my notification sound to no sound and it is working for me now! As for my applications, I had to go for settings of each application and set their notification sound! This is really a hard work! This was really basic thing to remember but Motorola loaded high-Fi features in this phone but forgot to add this !Please bring a fix for this in next update!