Thread: Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY 4G shows 100% CPU usage!

Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY 4G shows 100% CPU usage!

I have just switched from my old phone to the android xperia 4G by AT&T with latest android system in it! The phone is constantly showing the 100% CPU usage! When I searched in to my mobile I found that kernel of my mobile is taking 80% of usage! I can’t shut down the kernel as it is the main core in the mobile! Why it is consuming so much of CPU usage? If anyone has any information then reply!

Re: Sony Ericsson Xperia PLAY 4G shows 100% CPU usage!

You will need to have a proper backup before fixing this problem with factory reset or update:
    • Make backup for your phone!

1. Go to settings then privacy! Here you will find the option called “backup my data”!
    2. Do use this option and select “automatic restore”!

• you can also make use of applications that are available In the market for making the backup of your phone! You will also need IO file manager! Just download any application for making backup! Follow this steps:

1. go to settings then select application
    2. now enable unknown sources
    3. download io file manager
    4. now put backup application into your memory card
    5. use io file manager to locate this application and install it!

When you will have back up for all the things then you can try making a factory reset to your mobile and see if you can solve this problem!

As far as the problem with CPU usage is concerned i would suggest you to visit the service center because it looks like serious problem and experiments with this will destroy your warranty!

Why download application for making backup when you can make it on Google! Google has provided the facility using which you can make back up of the application and contacts! You can sync all of your contacts with Google!
    1. Go to phonebook and click on the menu option!
    2. Select “send contacts”
    3. “Select all“ and send it to your mail!

Now download the mail on your computer as follows:
    1. Go to your mail and select contacts
    2. go to more options ,it will show a drop down list, select “import”
    3. Button from here to get the file on your computer!

For making a backup of your applications
    1. Go to market.android.com from your computer and login !
    2. In your account you will see list with name “my library” send all your application to this list and your backup is ready!

If you are using phone by AT&T, then this tells more about your problem! Though this company says that they are providing a latest update it is not true and they always provide late release! Te update they have is either old one or for phones with no SIM card! Go to setting and check about android version and build number! You can update the phone from there also or connect to your PC and update your phone!

I found a cool application for making back up of your SMS/MMS and call log:
    Just download "SMS backup+" application to make backup of all of your SMS and call logs! This application makes backup in your Gmail account or in Google calendar!MMS service is not supported yet but will be available soon! You should enable the “IMAP” in Gmail and set the correct time zone for you!