Thread: Motorola Droid X2 gets restart randomly

sad Motorola Droid X2 gets restart randomly

I am a huge fan of the Motorola series phones but this one has really disappointed me to a great extent. I have bought the Motorola Droid X2 with great expectations from the Verizon. But then after some time the phone was getting restarted randomly. When I checked the mail this week then after some time the phone was making some kind of booting sound and it got restarted. I have even got the replacement from the Verizon for this phone but what I see now is that I am stuck with the same problem. I think that even the Droid X which I was using previously was far better then this one. I have never faced this issue with the Droid X. Can anyone tell me why is this happening? Does anybody have the same problem? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

angry Re: Motorola Droid X2 gets restart randomly

This is a common issue for the Motorola Droid X2 users because I have seen that many of them are having this issue that their phone gets randomly restarted. I don’t know why the Motorola is making the sale of the such phones which have a bug of randomly getting restart again and again.

Exclamation Re: Motorola Droid X2 gets restart randomly

The same problem was with one of my friend too. One day he came to me to show the email and then suddenly the phone started making the boot sound and it was restart randomly. This was happening many times a day. Motorola developer team should take this into the consideration that if they want to make their position in the market then they have to fix this issue because many of the Motorola users are annoyed by the issue of this phone.

sad Re: Motorola Droid X2 gets restart randomly

Original Post by akkiiii:

The same problem was with one of my friend too. One day he came to me to show the email and then suddenly the phone started making the boot sound and it was restart randomly. This was happening many times a day. Motorola developer team should take this into the consideration that if they want to make their position in the market then they have to fix this issue because many of the Motorola users are annoyed by the issue of this phone.
    This phone is freaking me out. Yesterday morning when I woke up and started the phone then it started. But after some time it was getting restart again and again. This is really a huge problem for me when I play the games and the phones restarts.

star Re: Motorola Droid X2 gets restart randomly

I would say that the phone is not having any kind of problem of randomly restarting from my side at least. I am using the phone since August 2011 and till now I haven't faced this problem that you all are facing. The only reason I have sent this phone to the gallery of Motorola because the touchscreen was not working smoothly. After replacement this issue was eliminated and till now I am using this phone without any issues. Thanks Motorola for creating such a Smartphone.I don’t believe on the third party sellers for the replacement because they don’t work well with our issues.

Re: Motorola Droid X2 gets restart randomly

I have read on some forums about this topic and found that the Verizon are waiting for some kind of the software that would eliminate the randomly restarting issues of the Motorola Droid X2 phone. It was also stated that the Verizon will not be send out the replacement of the Motorola Droid X2 phone having the restart issue until they wont get the software update for this phone that will solve the issue.

Re: Motorola Droid X2 gets restart randomly

Original Post by Chaaruchandra:
    I have read on some forums about this topic and found that the Verizon are waiting for some kind of the software that would eliminate the randomly restarting issues of the Motorola Droid X2 phone. It was also stated that the Verizon will not be send out the replacement of the Motorola Droid X2 phone having the restart issue until they wont get the software update for this phone that will solve the issue. .
    I would be really happy if there would be a software to solve this problem.This problem is spreading wider because many of them including me are really upset because of the issues of this phone of getting randomly restarted.

smile Re: Motorola Droid X2 gets restart randomly

I have rooted the phone to Android version 2.3 (i.e Gingerbread). I was facing this problem earlier but after rooting the phone to the 2.3 version I think the problem is diminished. Previously, my Droid X2 was restarting randomly when I used to check the mail or play the games or working on some apps. But now the problem is supposed to be gone. I cannot say that this will 100% fix your problem but you can try with rooting your phone to Version 2.3.

sad Re: Motorola Droid X2 gets restart randomly

I don’t know why but I have encountered this problem of randomly restart this morning itself when I started the browsing session on my phone. It has never shown this problem before. I think that this problem might be due to the Froyo related kernel 2.6.32.9.