Thread: Nokia N9 is having green tint screen but newer units are not having that.

Nokia N9 is having green tint screen but newer units are not having that.

I noticed green tint on display on Nokia N9 while looking on angle. I was wondering that it was happening because of CBD. My friend also purchased Nokia N9 and he is not having issue. he has not noticed any green tint on the device. Can you tell me why I am getting above mentioned issue? Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Nokia N9 is having green tint screen but newer units are not having that.

After going through issue I wanted to comment that all pentile AMOLED displays are having this particular feature if I am not wrong.

From SystemInfo app of Ovi Store saying screen is running with 16 bit depth and I think it could expaing about problem. However official site of Nokia is saying it is having support for 16.7 million colors. So I am wondering that problem could be resolved after running screen at higher depth. But performance of the device could be degraded after doing this. You should also try with different brightness levels and having different power save settings. Your issue could be solved after using different kind of combination of brightness levels and powersave options.

I do agree that brightness settings could play major role in this particular situation. Low brightness increase the visibility of the screen. ambient light sensors could cause the issue.

I am suspecting that the issue is associated with range of display-related. So you will need to contact official service center of Nokia and repair your device. You should not have any physical damage otherwise you will not be able to claim for service warranty. So far I don’t have any other solution to fix the issue which you have stated over here.