Thread: Can I disable Verizon Backup Assistant from Motorola Droid X2

sad Can I disable Verizon Backup Assistant from Motorola Droid X2

I have made the use of only those contacts which are being synchronized from the account of my Google. The Verizon Backup Assistant is really annoying me very much. I don’t need the Verizon Backup assistant and that’s the reason why I want to disable it. I thought that I would remove this from the task manager but this will affect my phone. The Verizon Backup Assistant and the Sync Service are supposed to be running on my phone by eating the 4.3 MB of the RAM. This causes the phone to be lowered in the performance and the phone becomes slow. I want to know that can I disable this disable Verizon Backup Assistant from my phone? Is there anyone with the same problem? Any suggestions would be helpful and appreciated.

Arrow Re: Can I disable Verizon Backup Assistant from Motorola Droid X2

I don’t think so that the application which you are talking about would be affecting the phone to lower its performance by eating the RAM. The Droid X2 that you are using is very well capable of how to handle the process and how to manage the RAM, although it’s an Android phone rather. And for the Verizon Backup Assistant that you are talking about, for that you have sign up through the Verizon and if you try to remove it then the Sync Service may get affected due to this. You must be knowing that the Sync Service is very much important when you have to do the synchronization with the Google or the other accounts. Also if you try to kill this from the task manager then your system of the phone will be affected.

idea Re: Can I disable Verizon Backup Assistant from Motorola Droid X2

If you wish to close the Verizon Backup Assistant which is eating your RAM then you have to go here:

• Go to Menu.
    • Go to Manage apps.
    • Go to All.
    • Select Sync Service.

The Sync Service will have a icon of the Verizon Backup Assistant at the side of it. Select that icon and select the Force Stop and Clear Data. When you perform this action then the Backup Assistant will be stopped from running your mobile and will not be activated until you Force Start it again.

Down Re: Can I disable Verizon Backup Assistant from Motorola Droid X2

Posted by CassandraD:

If you wish to close the Verizon Backup Assistant which is eating your RAM then you have to go here:

• Go to Menu.
    • Go to Manage apps.
    • Go to All.
    • Select Sync Service.

The Sync Service will have a icon of the Verizon Backup Assistant at the side of it. Select that icon and select the Force Stop and Clear Data. When you perform this action then the Backup Assistant will be stopped from running your mobile and will not be activated until you Force Start it again.
    I think that if we enable the Force Stop for the Sync Service then the contact of the Google account would be stopped and would b\not be backup again until we again force start the Sync Service. If we do this then we have to start the whole process from the start and this would be annoying.

idea Re: Can I disable Verizon Backup Assistant from Motorola Droid X2

JoanaJhon Wrote:

I think that if we enable the Force Stop for the Sync Service then the contact of the google account would be stopped and would b\not be backup again until we again force start the Sync Service. If we do this then we have to start the whole process from the start and this would be annnying.
    I have done this and this has not affected to any of my contacts which are of the Google account. The Google uses the Google contacts sync service to sync the contacts so that is the reason why the contacts remain unaffected.

cool Re: Can I disable Verizon Backup Assistant from Motorola Droid X2

I have read this on the forums as suggested by the technology dept team and that’s why I told that. I have a knowledge that If the phone is able to run any kind of the process on the background then it is associated with some kind of reason for that unless the application associated with that process causes any kind of the problem to the phone. If this happens then the phone’s performance goes down. I usually do the manual rebooting on my Droid X2 daily and this is not affecting my system and enables the system to run more easily. Thank You.

Re: Can I disable Verizon Backup Assistant from Motorola Droid X2

I completely disagree that if you do the daily rooting then it would help you to run your mobile phone system more easily. The Backup Assistant has the process that has been added by the Verizon to the Droid X2. The Gmail account does the same thing as the Backup Assistant does. SO if you have the Gmail account then there is no need of the Backup Assistant either. I have added the steps to disable the Backup assistant on this phone as suggested by the tech team.
    The users who have used the another account besides the Gmail account with the Verizon Backup Assistant on their previous mobile phone then they have advantage that they retrieve the contacts on the new phone which they are using.