Thread: Motorola Droid X2 is showing triangle symbol on notification bar

question Motorola Droid X2 is showing triangle symbol on notification bar

I have purchased the Motorola Droid X2 two weeks ago. But I don’t know why the phone has started showing the triangle symbol on the notification bar. The icon keeps on flashing and it is grey in outline color which looks more similar like a pyramid or something. This triangle symbol is present between the Wi-Fi symbol and the bars that indicates the signal strength. I have read the manual documentation of my phone and I have not found anything written about this triangle symbol which appears to be like a pyramid in the manuals. Is there anyone here with the same problem or only I am the victim? Can anyone tell me what does that symbol indicates? Thank You in advance for the answers.

smile Re: Motorola Droid X2 is showing triangle symbol on notification bar

I have also seen such kind of the triangle shaped symbol which looks like a pyramid on my Droid X2. The triangle icon or symbol was having the exclamation mark in between. See the appearance of the symbol would be similar like this one:

The presence of this symbol indicates that while the log in into your account there might be the problem with the entering the wrong password or the account has not been logged in properly.

question Re: Motorola Droid X2 is showing triangle symbol on notification bar

The shape of the appearance of the triangle symbol that you have shown in the above png image is absolutely correct but there is no any kind of the exclamation inside the triangle shaped symbol in my Droid X2. The symbol is of the grey color and it keeps on flashing continuously. Is there any kind of the danger to my phone or something like that? Could anyone tell me what is the reason?

Exclamation Re: Motorola Droid X2 is showing triangle symbol on notification bar

In my Droid it is showing the similar symbol which I have posted here but I don’t know the reason that why your mobile is showing some different kind of the grey colored symbol. I would like to ask you that whenever you log in are you able to receive the messages and the notifications normally that you were receiving before that symbol or is that you are having the problem with receiving the text messages and the emails on the phone?

In my Droid it is showing the similar symbol which I have posted here but I don’t know the reason that why your mobile is showing some different kind of the grey colored symbol. I would like to ask you that whenever you log in are you able to receive the messages and the notifications normally that you were receiving before that symbol or is that you are having the problem with receiving the text messages and the emails on the phone?
    I am able to receive all the emails and the text messages normally which I was receiving before the occurrence of that triangle shaped symbol. Also the notifications are received normally on my phone.

star Re: Motorola Droid X2 is showing triangle symbol on notification bar

I have seen that this is a general topic for the discussion on the Forums about the Droid X2 showing the triangle shaped symbol. I have searched a lot on the Internet about what is the reason for that symbol to occur and I have found that whenever you are in the Roaming area you would be getting such kind of the triangle shaped symbol. The symbol indicates that you are in the roaming area and you will be charged as per the roaming charges of your subscriber service which you have selected for your phone.

Well let me tell you that I am not in the roaming are and still the symbol is seen on my notification bar.I am not hitted by the roaming charges either which you are talking about. I am charged normally as I make a voice call. I have also tried to tap on that triangle symbol but it was not showing any kind of the information as the tapping on the clock on the notification bar shows me the clock. Its really disgusting guys. Any idea?

sad Re: Motorola Droid X2 is showing triangle symbol on notification bar

I have the Motorola Droid X2 and I am facing the problem of this triangle shaped symbol on my phone. I don’t like that symbol because it always keeps on flashing on my screen and this annoys me. Is there any kind of the solution to remove this symbol? I am not even in the Roaming area. Help me

idea Re: Motorola Droid X2 is showing triangle symbol on notification bar

I was having the same problem with my phone. But I have solved this problem. I have switched off the phone and removed the battery of the phone. Again after some time I inserted the battery in my phone and power on it again. What I was surprised to see was the elimination of that triangle shaped symbol. You can try this. Good Luck.

Arrow Re: Motorola Droid X2 is showing triangle symbol on notification bar

Posted by HamsiniI:
    I was having the same problem with my phone. But I have solved this problem. I have switched off the phone and removed the battery of the phone. Again after some time I inserted the battery in my phone and power on it again. What I was surprised to see was the elimination of that triangle shaped symbol. You can try this. Good Luck.
    Yeah, I have done this process and it worked for me tooOne day my phone got rebooted randomly by itself and when the phone was started again then it was showing the presence of the Triangle shaped symbol. What I did, I have removed the battery from the phone and started the phone by inserting the battery again. After this the symbol was gone and till now it has not appeared on my phone. I have never been to the roaming area also. Thank You.

Re: Motorola Droid X2 is showing triangle symbol on notification bar

When you get the triangle shaped symbol on your phone or even if you don’t get the symbol you have to just dial the *228 no. from your mobile phone and follow the procedure that will update the roaming capabilities of your mobile phone. By doing this you will be able to get the PRL [Preferred Roaming List] which would be the latest one. There is also an option available which programs your phone and your phone gets the perfect CDMA System ID.

Re: Motorola Droid X2 is showing triangle symbol on notification bar

When you dial the *228 from the phone then this will connect your phone of VZN to the very nearest tower of the VZN. I am using the Sprint on my phone and when we dial the *18 wna the phone gets connected to the tower, We then are able to hear some of the tones and after that there is the automatic disconnection of the phone call. After this the triangle icon of the roaming is not appeared on the screen.
    The reason why the symbol is not showing when you power off the phone and remove the battery is because when you do so then all the services of the phone gets disconnected and this enables the to shut down the radios which are connected to your phone. When you again start the phone then it starts looking for the nearest tower to establish the connection and that is the reason why the roaming triangle shaped icon to be disappear.