Thread: How can I enable services that are restricted by operators in Nokia N9?

How can I enable services that are restricted by operators in Nokia N9?

Hello everyone in this forums, last week one of my friend gifted this nokia n9 for me and on starting this phone I found out that there is no rich features such as Skype, Google Talk and WiFi Hotspot in this phone. May be all these features have been restricted by the operators. So has anyone faced these similar kind of problem? I just want to inquire about this with you all. Hopefully I will get some response from you all. So please do reply accordingly on the same.

Re: How can I enable services that are restricted by operators in Nokia N9?

Well I can certainly tell you about how to install skype, google talk and other voice services.

1) See what you have to do is first install the services that you want.
    2) Now just open up the terminal and type ‘devel-su’. Now insert the password as "rootme".
    3) Now in the repositorie you will have to type “vi /etc/apt/sources.list.d/aegis*”, now go in deb and replace "420" by "001".
    4) You will have to type I so that you will be able to go in the insert mode.
    5) Don’t forget to save the file by pressing Z button twice. Now update all the applications and then install all packages accordingly. For that you will have to type the code
    “apt-get update
    apt-get -y install account* l10n-app*”

Now close the terminal. That’s it from my side for you.

I hope this is what you were looking for. I have answered all the necessary question for you.

I can tell you about installing you tube and wifi hotspot in your phone. Now for you tube what you have to do is go to the terminal with developer privileges.

Enter the code “apt-get -y install youtub*”. That’s it.
    For the wifi hotspot, go to the terminal with developer privileges. Now in the code type the following thing
    “apt-get -y install joiku*”

Don’t remember to restart the phone after you have made the changes.

Any idea how to get the NFC in nokia n9? Any information on that guys. Since I have read your posts and it seems to be very interesting so that’s why I want you all to explain me how to get that nfc in my phone?

It’s the same procedure enter the terminal with the developer privileges. Now enter the code as

Code:
    “apt-get -y install nfc*”
    . So that’s what I want to say here. now restart the phone.

I have heard that installing the latest firmware would solve the problem, is that true. I don’t know which version is the latest for that phone but do you think a firmware download can introduce all the missing features in the phone? What do you all have to say about this.

Quote Originally Posted by The Vedas View Post
    I have heard that installing the latest firmware would solve the problem, is that true. I don’t know which version is the latest for that phone but do you think a firmware download can introduce all the missing features in the phone? What do you all have to say about this.
    No it doesn’t help at all. I have tried that method already in fact I had downloaded the PR1.1 20.2011.40-4.324.2_PR_324 firmware for my phone. But I couldn’t find any applications adding up in my phone or the features that were missing in the phone getting added up. So what I can say here is that the above given methods are correct you should try that out first above all.