Thread: Unable to play videos on the Sony Ericsson Mix Walkman WT13i

Unable to play videos on the Sony Ericsson Mix Walkman WT13i

Hello friends, just past two weeks ago i have purchased the Sony Ericsson Mix Walkman WT13i phone, and i have added some of the videos on the phone, but when i am trying to play those videos then it is not able to play. So what should i do to play the videos and should i go for some of the convertor of the videos to play it. Please help me and give some solution about it. Thank you.

Re: Unable to play videos on the Sony Ericsson Mix Walkman WT13i

MPEG4 and 3GP format video can be played on the phone, if you are trying to add some other format file then it will be not play so you wanted play other format then you have to convert those videos to MPEG4 and 3GP format then you will be able to play it.

I have added the mpeg4 and 3gp format file on the phone then also it is been not playing it, i tried to convert the other files with the video converter then also it is not able to play, it is giving me error that the format does not support it, so what should do, if the supported format video are not played in the phone then it is no use to have the phone.

I have the perfect solution for the problem you are getting it. You have to download the total video converter software on the PC, and you choose the iPod video as a profile. When you are done with that then you select the iPod mpeg4 for the output video. Done with all that then go the settings and select the video size make it to 240 * 320 and make changes in the aspect ratio to 16 :9 (when you do the changes to the aspect ratio then you will be able to view the videos on to the full screen) and you select the frame rate to 25 frame per second. Then you select the video which you wanted to convert, so do the conversion and play it on the phone, it will be played. I have done the same method for my phone because i was getting the same problem which you are getting it now.

You can check the manual of the phone, just go on to the following link, just to page 11 there you will be able to get the appropriate information about the video which would be helpful for you.

Sony Ericsson Mix Walkman WT13i

I have tried some other method which has been worked for me, so you can give try,

• Download the free wondershare video converter ultimate
    • Install it on the system
    • Just add the video which you wish to convert to the drag and drop area.
    • Now click the downward bar on the profile area
    • Change it to mp4 video and then click on the advanced
    • In the advance setting, put mp4 video(MC) in the encoder section,
    • Set the resolution to 320*240 and set the frame rate to 25fps
    • Do not change the Bitrate, keep it what is was original.
    • When done with the changes then click on OK.
    • Now you click on Convert.

So you can try it and it work, i have done the same setting and played a whole movie on the phone.

Even there are plenty of the converter which is working, you can try it and convert any video or the movie. I have used the total video converter, it is the best, so you should also try it.

You should try the total video converter is the best and i have done some of the conversation of the video which has been worked properly with the proper quality also, so you also try it and add the videos onto the phone.

Hi TamaraAce, I have tried conversion in the same way you told. But when i press convert at last, it says cant open this video. So plz tell me what can be the problem? Thanks.

So I also have teh same problem - I converted to MP4 using the two programs above (wondershare does not allow 320x240 size - next size was 480x320) - same error message after uploading. Then I tried many other programs like Pepsky and Bluefox which specifically allowed 320x240 - no luck again. I tried 3GP but again no luck.
    Is it possible to post a small video file that you know works and then we can see if we are uploading incorrectly? I have a 8 GB card and load to the video file. The phone recognizes the when I launch the default video player but gives the error messsage - is there another video player that is not so tempermental?
    Thanks!