Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 19-01-2012

How to use the custom MP3 Ringtones in Nokia N9

hi guys
can any one here help me to know How do I set a custom mp3 file as a ringtone? While I choose "my music" as of the ringtone menu, it just display the files that come with the handset, but not any that I copied to the handset. I would be appreciating any reply .
Old 19-01-2012

Re: How to use the custom MP3 Ringtones in Nokia N9

Hey can you tell me How do you copy the mp3 in to your handset. Does it trough Mass storage Or else Nokia link .I put a song by computer on the handset using Nokia link. after that i go to the
  • settings
  • sounds and vibration
  • ringtone
  • select from my music.

It was there however a few of the small songs i place in the mass memory were not listed.
Old 19-01-2012

Thanks for the reply . I made use of mass storage mode. Just copied the mp3 file on the Music directory on the handset. I don?t know any other way of doing so , did I do something wrong
Old 19-01-2012

I try that too. Didn't work. though now I can observe it in the list, so there's just a few delay following copying the file plus after the list media library is refreshed. I am really very much annoyed by this
Old 19-01-2012

I believe if you play through your music player those random mp3 similar to funny noise files for SMS etc. finally they will be in peak of the list in the Ring-tone collection. I had this issue I set 7files that have no song information just the file name that I cannot locate them. however after day those lastly did come in the ring-tone lists
Old 19-01-2012

Ok, anywhere can i locate downloaded ringtones ? I establish the originals with file manager however I can't locate the ones I downloaded. I need to get rid of them. Is there no accurate search tool in the handset?
Old 19-01-2012

oddly, a mono MP3 I make use on my Nokia 7710 do not work on my N9. It seem to hate mono MP3 files, I re-converted it to stereo MP3 then it appeared immediately while searching Bit strange.
Old 19-01-2012

Custom Ringtones do work on Nokia N9. Just follow these steps. A little difficult compare to other handset in the past although IT WORKS!

• Make a folder in your handset music folder called tones or ringtones or whatever you wants to call it.
  • Go to your music folder plus it will be most likely be in an album call unknown album plus allow . play every the tones as of start to finish at least once.
  • It should not take long cos tones are actual small in duration
  • Restarted phone

That?s it Once stared , you must be able to observe that tone. If you do not see that any tone, do the same once more
Old 19-01-2012

I might like to keep a few not default ringtones to contacts. If I make a custom ringtone as key ringtone, it works correctly. If I make a default ringtone to a contact modify main ringtone just in one contact, it works properly, but when I set a custom ringtone to a contact, the handset rejected the calls from that contact after one ring. I try to put the custom ringtone to /home/user/.ring-tones folder plus the song show on the ringtone list after to the defaults, however the consequence is the similar.
Old 19-01-2012

Have the similar problem here, tried the whole thing I e familiar with. My N9 64GB, I bought recently and correctly updated to PR 1.1, does not take custom ringtone for a few contacts. in addition to several tracks I place manually in the 'Music' folder does not appear on the media library, at least for ringtone select reason. Is there a way to manually reset the media library? I have to say this is very irritating and frustrating. Any recommendation?
Old 19-01-2012

once I uploaded my Playlists I required to customize a few of my contacts' ring tone plus my music wasn't coming all the way through. I just waited awhile and it eventually showed up. I do believe there might be a better completion, perhaps even during the music player. Like how from the Gallery you be able to set images as your background or wallpaper

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , , ,