Thread: How to change the Nokia N9 Product code

How to change the Nokia N9 Product code

I need help guys I need to change my phone product code as I am having an issue with the updating my phone to the latest firmware and as I know I need to change the product code to update my phone. Seem to be an easy task on the Symbian but is it possible to do it on the Meego as well. Please guys I need this done. I would be appreciating this

Thanks

Re: How to change the Nokia N9 Product code

As far as I know you are not allow to change the product code which start something with RM-XXX on the phone and this is impossible to as well as the mobile company have lock it to recognize there product and it region but if you talking about the number one on your sim card tray then you can change it by simply flash your firmware by different variant code.

That is the one I was talking about , the one that is printed on the SIM card tray but I am not able to update my firmware and nor downgrade as it says downgrade not allowed . If i might just alter the product code after that I presume I can update my handset trough the NSU or else OTA. Is there any another technique I would love to knew that

I think I might help you get Nemesis Service Suite. Easy to find just Google it and one you got it do this
    1. Connect you Phone with the USB cable
    2. Now open NSS, scan the new device
    3. Choose “phone info" after that select "read"
    4. You can now see what your phone product code is.
    5. At this moment you must modify the power mode to local
    6. Your handset will restart in local mode,
    7. Select enable the product code and write a new product code over there then click the "write" option .
    8. Set power mode to normal once more and hit "read"

Hopes this help

I have just purchase My N9 in Dubai then I have flashed it with no any issue . But at the moment I've got message on PC on Software updater, there is a few update for My device V 22.2011.etc I read someplace this update is only for Arabic language, so I'll stay for PR1.2.

I have Just establish a answer to alter product code on Nokia N9, make use of NSS and modify the power mode to local mode. stop for the handset to alter to local mode and write in the product code you need remember to enable then hit write. Change back to usual mode. completed. Now Check, back in normal mode hit the read option to see will the product code replaced

For those who want to change the product code of like to tell them there is always a risk of bricking the phone while doing that if you don’t need to afraid for bricking the device then I recommend you to just wait for the Firmware in your region.

Hey guys I need help on this I am not able to connect N9 to NSS. Must device be in USB mass or else Sync and connect mode? I would be really appreciating this. I have looked everywhere and not able to find any solution to this

Well the option is the Sync and connect... you must install the primary option USB somewhat... NOT the NSS multiflasher. stay for the driver to install while you plug the handset to your PC - make certain you don't you a USB extension by the way

i at last changed the product code and required to update trough the NSU, the whole thing was working great , update was accessible however all of the sudden a window shows up saying "Nokia software updater has lost its connection with your device, . So i pursue the steps to reconnect my handset although it does not assist. I am unable to update. This occur at the start of the update while the N9 starts restarting or else something, i try this on 2 computers all time the similar issue. Any suggestions?