Thread: How to install skype on nokia n9

How to install skype on nokia n9

I have recently purchased Nokia N9 and I am very keen to discover many features of this great Smartphone. It runs on MeeGo, v1.2 Harmattan OS. I have purchased this mobile because it is loaded with great features. I am very happy with my mobile. I want to use the Skype application on my phone. I want to call my friends who live mostly in other country. How to install the Skype on this mobile?? Can anyone help me?? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to install skype on nokia n9

Follow the steps through which you will be easily able to get the solution:
    • Visit the official website of SKYPE
    • Find the phone type and model number
    • Download the application from the website
    • Make sure you have the phone connected to the computer and ActiveSync is enable.
    • Install the application on your computer.
    • Look at the screen of your phone. Complete the installation.
    • Once installation is complete, run the Skype Mobile from the list of programs available.
    • Enter your username and password and press "Connect."
    • You should immediately see your list of contacts. Then you can make calls to anyone on your list

To search for your friends and include them in your Contacts, select the "Search for Skype users" option from the ‘Contact’ menu or press the "Add a contact" option which is situated in the left corner of the Contacts. You will see a search window where you can search your friends by name or by any other information like email or mobile no which is stored in their profile. To add a friend to your Contacts, simply select the name in the search results and click the Add button. At your fresh start to Skype you can call the automated service called "Skype Test Call" to test the proper condition of your headset, speakers or microphone.

You can download the Skype Mobile application which you can then connect through your wireless network. You can even connect via WiFi if your phone supports the feature. Click on nokia n9 and click the option “Connection to broadband Internet” and then select “Data connection to your mobile phone provider”.

In SKYPE computer operates the voice of a user with a microphone, converts this information into individual data packets and sends the data packets over the Internet Protocol to the recipient computer. The entire data exchange thus takes place over the Internet. The receiving computer holds incoming data packets back together and turns the data back into language that is performed over a loudspeaker.

Skype is used to communicate with other ports, which is also used for normal Web browsing. The Skype software works behind various firewalls and NAT routers without held that a reduction in voice quality, which is different from other voice over IP programs of the case. The voice quality of Skype is better. It also has better compression algorithms, which improves the quality of the phone calls which easily cannot be compared to any traditional phone calls to normal landlines.

I have downloaded Skype on my Nokia N9 but i got an error that it is not supported to my mobile,I think that my OS MeeGo, v1.2 Harmattan does not supports SKYPE. is there any possibility that i can connect Skype through my PC to my mobile??? if any then please let me know.

No dude, you cannot use your PC's skype with on your mobile. I will suggest you to install VOIP applications as alternate for the skype. There are many VOIP applications as follows:

• Gtalk
    • MSN
    • Fring
    • Nimbuzz
    • iSkoot
    • Gizmo
    • Truphone
    • Barablu
    • Mobivox
    • Rebtel
    • WiFiMobile

Thanks a lot friends for suggesting me. Really appreciated. As I came to know that I can’t use skype on my mobile I have downloaded and installed Gizmo which is a VoIP application that helps me for instant messaging. Will try to use other VoIP applications as well to find which is the best application. Thanks again guys.