Thread: General Question about Motorola Droid X2 ROM

General Question about Motorola Droid X2 ROM

I have seen in many posts that people keep on saying say 'i changed my ROM' otherwise 'i downloaded a new ROM'? I know that the Android OS stores in ROM. In order to change the ROM, you need to take apart your phone, remove the ROM and insert the new one. As far as I know that here ROM is a physical chip which might be mounted on Phone’s motherboard. What these guys are talking about.

Re: General Question about Motorola Droid X2 ROM

AS far as my knowledge says, the ROM is described in a dual usage word. It can either denote the physical chip otherwise the data or OS which is stored inside that chip. It is some kind of update.

Even after reaching the root, the Droid X2 still refuses to play fair with custom, based AOSP ROM. Development efforts have been going strong since late November, but the developers still need the help of, well, other developers.

A "stick-ROM" is the Android version of the terminal which is supplied from the outset with. Here custom roms based directly on floor-ROM.

ROMS also be stored as stock from manufacturers "modded" versions of Android.

Custom-ROM is a "clean" version of Android kernel incl. All that is required to operate the terminal contained in a custom ROM.

An Android ROM is a copy of all files that are needed to run the operating system and applications that come built into it. Is where both the Linux kernel running as all icons and images of the applications. So "cook" a ROM from a PC to open the same, which is usually in zip format, and mix things from other ROMs, or change the kernel or boot files to another aspect that has or has other functions is not original. The final step would burn this ROM on your phone's flash memory, which normally would from the terminal recovery menu. But that is another story and requires another post because each phone is different and everyone has their own technique.

You might have heard about Custom ROMs. Nowadays in many Android forums users are talking mainly on this Topic. It is actually based on open source software is released for development by third parties. Thus, developers have the ability to modify the original software, optimize, add elements to be added or removed with the outcome for the consumer to provide the best possible results in the areas of performance, energy efficiency etc.

You might not know that fact of custom ROM. There are lots benefits by using this. Main 2 advantages are:
    • The updates on the next version of Android are usually much shorter. The manufacturers are not always offer the ability for older devices tailored updates due to new devices.
    • A better performance. Development of alternative Android ROMs usually work out to remove unnecessary items from ROMS and to optimize the kernel or the corresponding versions, which allows us in principle, as end users the advantage of a much smoother operation procedure of the terminal.

If you search on the Google you will get full information about What are ROMs, What are official ROMs, Custom, ROMs, Android ROMs, etc. Along with this you will also get complete guide of how to develop and install them. The only thing needed for this is, Your phone must be rooted, otherwise you cannot use the different ROM. However rooting will void your warranty.

The ROM is alternative firmware developed by third parties that seek to optimize your smartphone. Android being an open source os everyone can make their source code and manipulate it so that they are best for your smartphone.

Some developers are trying to develop a Custom ROM for Motorola Droid X2. So far they have developed it but it is not complete yet due to some lack of programming knowledge and some needful information.