Thread: Motorola Droid x2 camera makes noise

Motorola Droid x2 camera makes noise

I am using the Motorola Droid x2 and found that the camera of the phone makes loud noise whenever I click pictures. This also makes a loud noise when I switch from the image mode to video. This is really very annoying. I have set the volume of the phone to low but then also it is with the same loudness. I don’t want to turn if off, I just wish to lower the volume of this a bit. I cannot find the setting to do this. If you have some idea that how this can be done then please let me know that. I will be thankful to all the replies for this.

Re: Motorola Droid x2 camera makes noise

The sound that you are getting from the camera is normal. I am saying this as DX and the X2 are making use of the mechanical shutters and not the digital shutter. Most of the phones are having the digital shutter and this is the reason that they are making less noise. This sound comes from the shutter opening which is there in the front of the sensor.

I know that this is very annoying but there is no way to lower or turn off this sound. This is not just you who has reported for this problem. There are many of the other users who have reported about the same. I hope that Motorola will take care of such things in their next product.

This is not compulsory to have camera sound kin the phone and many of the phones does not allow to change it to silent. You can just change the tone and not the volume or mute it.