Thread: Motorola Droid X2 saying "Update Not Available"

Motorola Droid X2 saying "Update Not Available"

Does anyone else getting this error? When I am trying to install update on Motorola Droid X2, it is saying that there is no update available. The news was already published and I have been trying to do the update. So far no luck at all.

Re: Motorola Droid X2 saying "Update Not Available"

As far as I know that currently only the Verizon customers getting the update for Motorola DROID X2. Verizon has just begun to implement a new software update brings bug fixes, along with several changes that improve the functionality of the phone. Although the operator released the changelog of the update several days ago, reports about their availability began to appear just yesterday.

I have been looking for the solution and finally I found something that might help you to resolve the problem. You only have to ensure that this setting is Unchecked.

Go to Home>Menu>Settings>Battery & data manager>Data delivery>Social applications>Sync over Wi-Fi only.

The fact is if this setting is enabled you will probably going to see "Check for updates is not available at this time. Try again later" message.

Sometimes DROID X2 owners may not be able to receive notification regarding the update. So for those who really want to download and install the updates can search manually in Settings / About Phone / System Updates / Download.

Due to low memory I think that your phone does not able to download the update and for that reason it showing this error message except it does not have anything else to show. Make sure that there is enough space in your phone as well as SD card, so that update can be easily downloaded and then installed properly. Prior to updating, the phone itself needs to allocate the memory. So free up the phone memory first and then try again.

Have you tried to reset to factory defaults? By doing this I can assume that it may fix some issues but you will all of your settings. I don’t think that there is some kind of hardware problem that is causing the phone not to update. On XDA-developers site they have discussed about the issue and they have also concluded that on SBFing, it will fix the problem.

If you are going to update the phone, the first thing you should consider is that the battery is 100% charged. Otherwise the phone might end up in a big trouble, if it turns off in the middle. However in your case, the issue doesn’t seems to be about the phone, I think either the phone itself does not able to connect to the update server otherwise the server itself does not able to recognize or link to the phone. You should contact the Motorola support team to know whether the connection between the update server and your Droid X2 is authenticated or not.

To receive the update, users of Verizon only have to go through the official website of the teleoperator and follow the instructions. With the Gingerbread update incorporates a number of improvements and new Droid X terminal from Motorola. For example, adding a new download manager application with which we manage all the files you have queued. Also included is a system that allows us to see a list of applications that are active, and the processes that are taking place and the power they are consuming, as if entering the administrator of a Windows computer.

Have you rooted the phone? It is strictly not allowed for the Droid X2. The Verizon does not allow updates to such phones. If your phone is still on any carrier, then there is only possible way to update and that is only by installing any custom ROM.