Thread: Motorola Droid X2 Battery life is inaccurate since Android 2.3.4

Motorola Droid X2 Battery life is inaccurate since Android 2.3.4

I hope that this issue is not only with me but all the Droid X2 users are getting the same issue. My phone has just upgraded to Android 2.3.4. After this only the issue has started. My phone rebooted randomly. At first I couldn’t get the reason because before the reboot there was 50 percent battery left. Now there is nothing. It seems to me that my phone battery indicator is showing inaccurate result. Does anyone else notice this?

Re: Motorola Droid X2 Battery life is inaccurate since Android 2.3.4

Yes it obviously seems to me like an update problem. The new software which you have updated or installed might be with few bugs. You are sure about that; the phone was perfect before the update. So it really seems to me like a firmware issue. Never mind, the Motorola is keep proving the update for its phone. So make sure to check the updates regularly. You may get bug fixes.

So I do not know if you noticed but when using a widget that shows the percentage of the battery, the Motorola android display takes place only every ten. I personally use battery indicator, which is just the percentage in the system tray on the right, and it gives its figures every ten. I tested several widgets and is the same for all.

Lithium-Ion batteries have a limited lifespan; they are slowly broken down from the day they are made. The battery life will depend on the charging and discharging of the battery and in particular, the temperature at which the battery is kept. The manufacturer assessed a battery at the point where 50% of its original ownership. At this point you should consider replacing the battery.

Lithium-Ion batteries are rated by the manufacturer for 300 to 500 full charge / discharge cycles, after which they can only be recharged to 50% or less. If you constantly top-up will charge you a lot more with it than if you always fully discharge before recharging the battery.

Have you installed any Custom ROM in your phone? I mean have you rooted your phone? If so, then I think that there something had gone wrong. If you haven’t touched the phone yet and updated as its by the help of official update, then I can assume that it is a firmware bug. Henceforth, the only possible solution is to wait for the next update with several bug fixes. However before that I would recommend you to check your battery in some other phone otherwise check your phone using a different compatible battery. If it is still the same problem, then assume that something needs to be check deeply.

As far as I know that there are plenty of applications available for Android, so as for Motorola Droid X2. One app which I am using is Batteryminder. This app or widget helps you to monitor the entire status of the battery. It contains lots of feature which would be very helpful in your situations.
    • Battery level meter in status bar (showing in %)
    • Nearly 9 Themes
    • showing alerts when the battery is Low/Full
    • Displays estimated remaining time
    • Does not consume much power
    • Widget can be placed in Homescreen
    • Different mode setting (aggressive/normal/economy) etc.

I think that you cannot do anything regarding this issue if it is really a known bug in 2.3.4. But you should lose your hope because it will be fixed when the Motorola soon going to release another gingerbread update. If not, at least they will gonna fix it on ICS.

I don’t know whether it is true or not but somewhere I have heard that the Android phone collects and stores all the info about battery in a file. I hope that you know how to completely drain your battery, wipe that file (if you can find) and then do a full charge. By doing this I think the phone will relearn and correct the settings. Flashing with new ROms otherwise formatting the storage will all also removes the file.

That makes some sense I think. Removing the batter file and make the phone to relearn the batter settings might solve the problem. So your little help I believe deleting /data/system/batterystats.bin would work.

There might be several reasons for this and without knowing the usage patterns, kernel, and overclocking settings it is quite difficult to answer the query. Other than using the inbuilt Battery Usage screen, you should try JuicePlotter. It will help you to show how much usage time left in your batter. Along with this it also give some other useful information like batter history and more.