Thread: Touchscreen locks up automatically in Motorola Droid X2

Touchscreen locks up automatically in Motorola Droid X2

My new Motorola Droid X2 started giving problem. This is the first time I am seeing and hearing about this issue. When I use any app or while on the phone, the touchscreen stops responding. It will stay there until I push the power button twice to lock and unlock the screen. After that only the screen becomes responsive. One more problem is that when the touch screen become unresponsive and if I hold the touch "Add to Home screen" popup will appear. Then it becomes unresponsive. I tried the full reset of the phone but still the same issue.

Re: Touchscreen locks up automatically in Motorola Droid X2

You can lock and unlock the phone and you are still talking about it. Regardless of the proximity sensor should kick in and turn off the screen while you are making the call. I mean when the phone is in your ear.

Well you could try with another kernel or changing rom.

I think that there are some apps related to the optimization of screen or battery consumption or something related are running in the background and for that the phone might need to spend more resources. Check them and kill those background apps while making the call.

The phone's screen is capacitive, and they react when it's cold and sometimes it acts even worse. It is perfectly normal. It is described in the manual saying that the capacitive screen very sensitive and acts strange when there is extreme cold in the surroundings.

No, it comes to display technology, not about this, that recognizes where the finger is. Capacitive screens react the way, even at low temperatures just as well as with heat. What works here is not the AMOLED display. However, I wonder how a display can be frozen by really cold.

In my case:
    • The screen simply blocks, no matter what I'm doing with the phone. Setting is set to "Automatic" or "2G only". When I press the power button, you can reactivate the screen, sometimes you have to do it repeatedly. If set to "3G only" everything is ok, also with WLAN enabled. This must be so with the 2G mode related.
    • The stuttering or other problems with power supply connected, solved. PSU plays no role in my phone.
    • To have only just completed the reset and now trying to reproduce the error. So far, everything still works .