Thread: When Motorola going to Unlock the Droid X2 Bootloader

When Motorola going to Unlock the Droid X2 Bootloader

I heard that Motorola would unlock boot loaders. So far nothing from the Motorola side. Then I saw news something about that Verizon won't allow unlock boot loaders to its phone, no matter what model it is. Is that true? But the strange thing is that the HTC already unlocked the boot loaders for its phone. Now I am using the Droid X2. I am thinking that if Motorola doesn’t unlock the bootloader, I will surely going to switch to HTC. X2 is an excellent phone and I don’t wanna lose it. So Motorola please hear your customer’s request.

Re: When Motorola going to Unlock the Droid X2 Bootloader

After numerous leaks found here and there, Motorola has just lifted the veil on the Droid X2. The first variation had not crossed the borders of Europe. This smartphone will not benefit from the unlocked bootloader or the new user experience. Its price will be $ 199.99 with subscription, which is similar to the Atrix. Again, Motorola does not move one iota its policy. It provided a poor start to 201.

I'm not insulting the people who work on it or plan to work on it; I mean that in the present situation, there is little or no reason to root your Droid X2 just yet. Most of the major non-profit developers were waiting for a leak of Motorola SBF to begin with, though, and we finally got the leak.

If your DROID X happens to break, Asurion may be willing to operate the equipment replaced by his younger, stronger brother - the DROID X2. This may not be ideal for those of you who enjoy the wide developer support and look forward to an official release of CyanogenMod, but the news above should not be much longer before X2 development is in full swing.

I don’t think that this is some kind of surprise or something. I know that Motorola might be planning to release the all the unlocked the phones only if the carries allow it to do that and I hope that this will going to happen this year only. It is really sad to say that Motorola Finally decided to lock the bootloader.

That’s why I like the HTC because they are moving in a different direction and really happy to say that they are doing the best thing. They are really listening to the Android community and they are sure that what needs to be done. They are concentrating on only one thing and that is their future devices will have a unlocked bootloader. That’s why we call HTC is Android enthusiasts.

Motorola , along with HTC and Samsung , has been one of the companies who have committed themselves totally to carve out a new role for Android on the market, then provide a series of smartphones greatly appreciated by the audience. Unlike the other two, Motorola has decided to pursue a policy of "locking" of the terminal to stop the development of hacks and modifications, preventing users from using the ROM bootloader to cook. Customers Motorola always seem to be most opposed to this policy and a petition with over 5000 signatures already, proves it