Thread: Will Motorola Droid X2 get Ice Cream Sandwich in future

Will Motorola Droid X2 get Ice Cream Sandwich in future

I have been reading about the Motorola Droid X2 in various blogs and forums. The poor thing I noticed in this phone is about the Android 2.2 Froyo operating system. I don’t think that this android version of enough for such a good phone. Motorola should have given the latest OS and I will be very happy for that. Anyway does anyone know when and which firmware update coming towards this phone. I would like to see Ice Cream sandwich.

Re: Will Motorola Droid X2 get Ice Cream Sandwich in future

Good news for users of the Verizon operator, as the Droid X2 smartphone has received an update with an assortment of novelties. The most important changes of the update are, now you can see the onscreen keyboard for text input. Additionally, the device no longer reset by the use of keyboard, and also fixed some additional problems. Now the charge indicator will be displayed only when the device is plugged into the charger and the camera capture quality has improved.

The Motorola Droid X2 has first marketed into Android 2.2 Froyo , upgrade to Gingerbread is expected later. Being provided on the Verizon mobile network, this smartphone will be compatible with CDMA / EV-DO and will not work in any other GSM networks. Note that the manufacturer highlights its capabilities for the company in terms of security and IT management policies.

It is confirmed that the Android system upgrades to version 2.3, Gingerbread, becoming available for different phones through downloads. One of the next will be the Verizon Motorola Droid X2. But there is no news about the Ice Cream Sandwich yet. I believe if it is coming for Droid X2, then Verizon will be the first operator to distribute Update.

The first custom ROM for the Motorola Droid X2 was made available in beta today. The step should mark the opening of the valves of homebrewed software for the handset dual-core Verizon. The new ROM is coated in a slick, glossy black and features plenty of improvements under the hood, but there is still room for improvement. As these things always go, install only if you are willing to accept the risks that go with the roots and the hardware change inventory of your handset.

The firmware version is only 2.2.2 Froyo, but it is not something alarming: the device is in development and then the software is far from definitive.

A few weeks after release of Android Ice Cream Sandwich source, very interesting information regarding Android phones starting to come out and also about updates. So the first ROM released based on that SDK. This new ROM is based on MIUI and it is so official, but branch of developers in its own has now begun to distribute the ROM with approaches to Android 4.0 as well saying that there are improvements to the framework and custom optimizations that have be applied to the Ice Cream Sandwich in order to improve the battery power and management of the RAM.