Thread: Nokia N9 unable to connect to WI-FI

Nokia N9 unable to connect to WI-FI

I have recently bought this phone and really enjoyed using this phone but the problem is I am unable to connect internet trough the Wi-Fi it’s just simply says connection failed. Cannot able to get ip address from DHCP server I have no idea what is wrong with it but this is really very annoying. I have looked everywhere but was not able to get any solution on this. I would be really glad if someone here can help me on this

Re: Nokia N9 unable to connect to WI-FI

my N9 does not create a stable wireless connection to wireless routers and slowly desperate.. It is impossible in the App like “maps" the N9 begins (very slow) and terminated after 1 to 3 MB, the same thing happens when downloading from the store. With the UMTS / GPRS connection everything works fine without interruption. I will like to get rid of this problem, which makes great use of N9 virtually impossible but surely in disappointment. I hope someone can help me.

There has been a lot of criticism regarding this and particularly the n950 for devs. What I have understand is this problem is very much gone i additional updates. I do not had the similar problem as you, however I can observe that my N9 has a smaller amount signal strength for Wi-Fi than other handset. Try it with the router on WEP for a sometime just to make sure it and please try your N9 on another Wi-Fi hot spots if accessible just to check if this is somewhat that can be repaired with no trouble.

Just bought the Nokai N9 at the moment, and have precisely the similar issue tried to download map for France and it take an hour time, however only 18.4 Mb downloaded... similar problem with the Store, it's extremely tough to download any app . Is thid an hardware or a firmware issue ?? My Wi-Fi is superb, I'm next to the box plus the box is linked via Optic fiber!

I think You don’t know what DHCP is right? If the DHCP host/server isn't enable so the N9's Wi-Fi adapter would not be assigned an IP. And the reason is it's waiting to be assign an IP address that method. “Internet connection failed. Cannot able to get ip address from DHCP server ”You could also statically allocate the N9's IP on the router, & after that manually put in that address into the N9's Wi-Fi setting .Get somebody that's more well-informed regarding local networking to make sure your router & your N9 configure. I ahev no knowledge of if N9 does static IP addresses, DHCP, or together, perhaps it does together.

I establish the answer: disable Wi-Fi and on my Internet box resolve the issue! Now everything is right. odd for the reason that it didn't occur with my N97mini although it's a common issue encountered with iPhone and iPad. Require a firmware repair. Thank you!

I have N9 just some days ago , however I have already become aware of Wi-Fi connectivity problem. The device cut off automatically Wi-Fi connection, while is not used. For ex. while I open a few web sites, connection is familiar, but when the page is loaded, Wi-Fi is disconnected. This is irritating; I cannot stay online on Face book. later few seconds my status is offline. Do you have same issue?

Recently purchase my n9, and i have a dual band router. -plus i get extremely minimal signal, particularly below 5ghZ, it stay connecting, disconnecting. No error, just extremely awful signal, my n900 be able to connect to 2.4 as of outside, n9 can’t even get one bar. It’s a major dissimilarity, And simple to tell that there a Wi-Fi issue with the handset

Can anybody assist me?

I have a wireless-n Apple router (Airport Express) which operating ok . The N9 do have a actual issue switching back to cellular data following it has been on Wi-Fi although. look as if I have to manually join each time. And the Wi-Fi signal is not almost equal to the N900 plus the N800 is hands down the most excellent most sensitive Wi-Fi device I have used .thus Nokia is actually losing on this one .

I have by no means had any Wi-Fi issues in the N8. i presume the first and understandable thing to try is altering the Wi-Fi channel. see if the issues exist while you are very close to the router. Most cell phone Wi-Fi issues look as if to be connected to power saving features plus the contradictory implementations. So disable all such features in the advanced AP settings would appear like a good thought as well.

My Nokia N9 Wi-Fi plus Internet do not work by any mean it has a odd pattern to it. end operating after 3 days, a restart might have it return back to usual although after that it’s the 2days routine once more. i have make sure that power saver mode is off. Having it turned on or off doesn't resolve it.. send it two times to Nokia Care, they said there is not mistake in the hardware. Please assist