Thread: Nokia N9 has low audio volume and vibration

question Nokia N9 has low audio volume and vibration

I have purchased the Nokia N9 Smartphone with great expectations but I have the problem with the audio and vibration of this phone. I have set the ringtone to the maximum sound but hen the call comes the ringer volume is so low that I cant even hear it when I am in work. Also the vibration of this phone is very low.Does anyone know what is the problem with this phone? Is there anyone facing the same problem here? Any suggestions would be helpful and appreciated. Thank You in advance for the answers.

Down Re: Nokia N9 has low audio volume and vibration

I understand that this problem is really very annoying to the Nokia users. The Nokia phones are considered to be in the top most mobile company in the world and their phones are supposed to be of a good quality. I think that the decrement in the audio level during the ring tone and the low vibration of the N9 phone has decreased the good quality of this phone. With a low audio and a vibration the phone is not considered to be a impressive phone.

star Re: Nokia N9 has low audio volume and vibration

As far as my knowledge is concerned about the Nokia N9, the speakers of this phone are built to produce the high output but the ringtone volume is set to the low level by the system of the phone itself. I am not sure but there must be a good volume software available to increase the volume of this phone. If possible then try to do the firmware updation of the phone and see whether this solves the issue or not.

idea Re: Nokia N9 has low audio volume and vibration

I have done some research and sorted the answer for this problem. You have to do the following to increase the ringtone volume level of your phone:

1. You have to go to the terminal as the root process.
    2. Type devel-su.
    3. It will ask for a password, you have to type "rootme".
    4. Then you have to type alsamixer.
    5. This will give you an options, you have to press the right button of the keyboard till you don’t find the PreDriv.
    6. You will see the Sound Bar, then increase the sound bar by pressing the letter “k” from the keyboard. Similarly you can decrease the sound by pressing the letter “j” of the keyboard.

This process will increase the ringtone volume to some extent so that you can hear it during the work also.

I was having the same problem when i purchased the Nokia N9 Smartphone but later i eliminated that problem. Most probably try to increase the volume level to the highest level by pressing the volume up button when you are on the screen and playing the music. The problem that the ringer volume gets low is because the volume level is not set to the highest level.

ThumbsUp Re: Nokia N9 has low audio volume and vibration

robot.txt wrote:

I have done some research and sorted the answer for this problem. You have to do the following to increase the ringtone volume level of your phone.

1. You have to go to the terminal as the root process.
    2. Type devel-su.
    3. It will ask for a password, you have to type "rootme".
    4. Then you have to type alsamixer.
    5. This will give you an options, you have to press the right button of the keyboard till you don’t find the PreDriv.
    6. You will see the Sound Bar, then increase the sound bar by pressing the letter “k” from the keyboard. Similarly you can decrease the sound by pressing the letter “j” of the keyboard.

This process will increase the riingtone volume to some extent so that you can hear it during the work also.
    Really appreciated by your comment. This was very helpful to solve the ringer volume problem. Now the ringer volume is better than the previous one but I had to navigate the keys using the ‘n’ which is on the keyboard since the terminal was not having the up and down arrow keys.

Sutti Wrote:

Really appreciated by your comment. This was very helpful to solve the ringer volume problem. Now the ringer volume is better than the previous one but I had to navigate the keys using the ‘n’ which is on the keyboard since the terminal was not having the up and down arrow keys. .
    You can use the up and down arrow keys on the terminal. Just follow what I say. You will be able to see a grey colored dash button on the top most right side corner. You have to click on that Grey colored dash button. This will show you a new Windows with a toolbar then click and make the selection of the arrow keys instead of using the ‘n’ to navigate the keys as a shell. By using this you will be able to make the use of left as well as right arrow keys and believe me this worked for me. I hope it works for you as well. Thank You.