Thread: wifi sleep policy does not work in Motorola Droid x2

wifi sleep policy does not work in Motorola Droid x2

In my mobile phone I am facing problem with WIFI sleep policy. In my Motorola Droid x2 mobile phone i have set WIFI policy to never so that I can use WIFI connection properly but after setting up that also whenever I screen gets turned of when phone is idle at that time WIFI gets disconnected. Please tell me what I should do to solve this problem.

Re: wifi sleep policy does not work in Motorola Droid x2

First thing I will suggest you that you should go to the wireless network setting in your Motorola Droid x2 mobile phone and after doing that you have to remove the saved WIFI networks from your mobile phone and then you have to connect mobile phone with your WIFI network and after connecting the mobile phone with your WIFI network you have to check whether problem get solved or not.

Normally WIFI gets disconnected with the screen when WIFI policy I set to the "when screen turns off" and I think you should recheck the WIFI policy setting in your mobile phone. If it is set to the "when screen turns off" then that is the main reason why you are facing this problem and if you want to solve this problem then you have to change the settings from the WIFI policy.

If after changing the settings also if you are getting same problem then I will suggest you to try to solve this problem by resetting your Motorola Droid x2 and after resetting your mobile phone your problem might get solved. if you need any more help then let me know.

I have rechecked WIFI policy setting in my mobile phone and I have make sure that “when screen turn off” Is not selected there but after that also I get same problem. I don’t want to reset my mobile phone because I don’t want to lose my downloaded application.

If anyone has solution regarding this then please help me.

As you have said that after trying above solution also you are facing same problem with the WIFI policy and that is why I would like to tell you that you should download Wifi Fixer application and install it in your mobile phone and after installing the Wifi Fixer in your mobile phone you have to check whetehr it helps to solve this problem or not. As far as I know your problem will get solved with the help of Wifi Fixer application.

If you want to download and install Wifi Fixer application in your Motorola Droid X2 mobile phone then you have to open the android market and after opening the android market in your mobile phone you have to search for the Wifi Fixer application and then download it and install it in your device and after doing that check whether it makes any difference or not.

Well I have downloaded Wifi Fixer application in my device and after installing that in my Droid X2 my problem solved. Now when screen goes dark in my mobile phone at that time WIFI stays connected. Thank you for helping me. I really appreciate your problem.