Thread: Nokia Lumia 710 Screen lags at wake-up and cannot hang-up call

Nokia Lumia 710 Screen lags at wake-up and cannot hang-up call

It seems to me that the new Nokia lumia 710 (Black) is not free of problems yet. The first problem I have noticed that when I wake up the phone, it lags and sometime shows the black screen for few seconds. The second problem is I cannot hang up the phone sometimes. When the call screen goes black, there is no way I can disconnect the phone. Do you think that the Nokia shipped the faulty phones.

Re: Nokia Lumia 710 Screen lags at wake-up and cannot hang-up call

I am also getting the same problem with the Nokia 710 Lumia in India (Airtel) and the issue is regarding the disconnection of the phone. End Call button does not end the call at all, even if it was disconnected from the other side. In addition, the calendar call keeps going - which increases my bill too. After several attempts the phone is hung and I have to turn it off. Sometimes even the closure does not drop and I have to finally take off the battery.

From what you said, I would perform a hard reset and let the device start from scratch. If the problem persists, then I return it for a replacement (but I expect a hard reset will solve the problem).

It is regrettable, however, that Microsoft does not distinguish between a phone that has the latest version of the system and who did not. More concretely, it is painful to see that already smartphone Windows Phone 7.5 will download the equivalent of the entire system to solve two problems. A solution already complained for years that Apple did not apply differential correction, causing such downloading 600 MB of data to plug a security hole. A concern since settled with iOS 5.

According to Microsoft, about five percent of all Windows-7-phone owners had serious problems with the update. One would understand the anger of those affected, but it was the first update to the new platform, so you do not have any great experience. First and foremost, the new software updates the internal update routine in preparation for the first major update, which will contain, among other things, "copy & paste"