Thread: Sprint’s ‘device upgrade activation Fee’

Sprint’s ‘device upgrade activation Fee’

I have been charged with $76.32 as an activation fee for the upgraded device. Now the strange thing is that I have already paid more than $350 as my fee for the phone and still they are charging from me as the activation fee. On calling up the customer support they said that that’s the charge we imply on a new phone that is new to the network. I asked them how come is that possible, I want a detailed explanation on that for which the representative asked me to search in the internet all other carriers also levy that kind of activation charges on us. So that’s why I did the same and what I found was that not all the carriers do levy this activation fees. I am really feeling cheated as if why I have paid this activation fees.

Re: Sprint’s ‘device upgrade activation Fee’

The sad thing is that the activation fees is not at all refundable. I know you are very hurt by this but there is noting that you can do over here. since you have already paid that amount. As of now what I can say here is that you rather enjoy the services offered by the carrier and not complain about it. That’s all I can say here.

Quote Originally Posted by Aachman View Post
    The sad thing is that the activation fees is not at all refundable. I know you are very hurt by this but there is noting that you can do over here. since you have already paid that amount. As of now what I can say here is that you rather enjoy the services offered by the carrier and not complain about it. That’s all I can say here.
    I don’t understand why don’t people look at the positive side. Don’t you all understand that the prices that you pay helps them to keep the prices down. The monthly charges that they charge you are quite low to the other carriers. Do look at the monthly charges put up by Verizon and AT&t you will understand what I am talking about here, so that’s what I am saying here. if you want to increase the plans then fine! Tell the representatives to remove the activation fee and all, they are doing this for your benefits and nothing else.

As far as I know Verizon people do charge only activation fees and not the upgradation fees, I did ask one of my friend about this and he did inform me about the same, now what do you have to say about this?

Quote Originally Posted by Sun$Suvarna View Post
    I don’t understand why don’t people look at the positive side. Don’t you all understand that the prices that you pay helps them to keep the prices down. The monthly charges that they charge you are quite low to the other carriers. Do look at the monthly charges put up by Verizon and AT&t you will understand what I am talking about here, so that’s what I am saying here. if you want to increase the plans then fine! Tell the representatives to remove the activation fee and all, they are doing this for your benefits and nothing else.
    You are talking about the manufacturing costs and all. Wait let me ask you something, what I am saying is that if a customer pays the retail price and does the upgrades online then will his upgrade cost be waived of? Those who are in support of sprint should answer this question. That’s what I want to say here.

Yes even I feel that upgradation fee should not be there for the existing customers. Yes if there is a new customer then he should be levied with the activation fee as well as the upgradation fee. Why the same treatment for a experienced customer, that’s what I am not understanding at all.

Now I am not understanding why any sprint supporter is coming to answer this question. Now I have decided finally that I will be breaking the relationship that I had with the sprint and instead will be getting with the different carrier. Their customer representatives are such a chap that they don’t bother to give correct information to the customers; don’t understand why are they kept there. Anyways I have decided to break this relationship with sprint and would rather switch to the Verizon, that’s it!