Thread: Game Disc prompting to Update Nintendo Wii software

Game Disc prompting to Update Nintendo Wii software

I have bought the Tony Hawk: Ride for my Nintendo Wii console. Along with I have also got the Wii Fit Plus & Board from my friend. The console was softmodded a year ago and it was capable to play all the game properly so far. Today I put this game disc but the Console prompts”software requires system update". I don’t wanna go for update because I afraid that it may brick the Wii. Other problem is the fit board and skateboard won’t sync at all. Should I really go for the update?

Re: Game Disc prompting to Update Nintendo Wii software

If you use a backup loader, updates are automatically disabled; you do not need to follow these Three options:
    • Install the homebrew channel and launch Gecko OS to install the IOS missing, and after you can run the game via the disc channel without problems.
    • Use the preloader. This method does not have to run something every time, everything is done automatically.
    • Dump the game, remove the update disc and burn the ISO of the game that no longer contains the score update. But you must have a chip.

Recent games contain the update 3.3. As you probably know, these updates included in the games you can block some homebrew. Therefore it may be beneficial to disable or remove these updates and keep your Wii version changes.

The preloader is a program that replaces your Wii system menu by adding, among other hacks that allow disabling the updates of Wii games. You need to install it once and you'll be quiet.

I have hacked my Wii console, even for read copies, I have the menu 3.4, the fact is that I bought an original game for a change which is the Wii Sports Resort but when you insert the disk, it asked me to update the console but appeared as warning that if I was updated, it would remove unauthorized software that could cause the console inoperable or may be damaged. I have to update the console In order to play the game but if I did so, I think I will lose my console.

You can try to pass WiiBrickBlocker to remove the update to the ISO of the game.

On the other hand if your console is PAL and the game I see is too, you should have no problem updating the firmware of the console.

With the latest update from Nintendo there is no problem that could disable by no means the modchip installed.

All you have to be careful of is that the game is in the same region as your console, because when you install a version of firmware from another region, the console runs many risks that can Bricker.

Official Firmware updates do not affect the operation of the chip. What should be clear that the current BCA games come with protection and therefore, if they are inferior to firmware 4.2, they cannot read.

To consider (only for those with physical Chip) and if you are using softmod: Update the IOS and cIOS.

For those who have softmod with firmware 4.2 or lower, if they upgrade to 4.3 will erase all traces of it and have to re-release the Wii.

For those who have modified their consoles with the popular consoles "chip" that allows you to read backups, I recommend not to update your Wii to version 3.0 for Nintendo notes that this update may render inoperative to the console. Something similar happened a few weeks ago with the Xbox 360 when Microsoft blocked access to online games (Xbox Live) to all consoles that were modified. Still to be seen what is the scope of this blockade, however prevention is better than cure. I take this opportunity to congratulate all those who have their unmodified consoles and their games they buy original and legal.

DO NOT UPDATE!

Almost everything is blocked! While the introduction of modified title is impossible because a test is performed at the launch, which mean more Custom IOS over Homebrew Channel, more channels Wad changed over BootMii. BANNERBOMB does not work! If you update, it will replace all IOS "normal" and the IOS 222, 223, 249 and 250. The boot2 is updated which blocks BootMii.