Thread: How to avoid the $10 Premium Data charge implied by Sprint?

How to avoid the $10 Premium Data charge implied by Sprint?

Yesterday I got a message from sprint saying that $10.00 Premium Data fee is for the rich data experience in my evo and if I pay that then I will be able to get faster data experience with it but I don’t understand why are they telling me to do that. I just don’t want this data charge at all implied in my evo. So do you all know any method that will help me stay out of this confusion.

I have been a loyal customer of sprint since long and don’t want to get into any kind of hurdle with them and hence instead of seeking their profession help. I have come here to seek some help.

Re: How to avoid the $10 Premium Data charge implied by Sprint?

I don’t think so that is any compulsory thing at all you can avoid if you don’t want it. So all choices are yours if you don’t want then you can surely avoid it. They are not forcing you to go with the premium data plan.

Yes even I received a similar response from the sprint team about the same issue and in the last line they had clearly mentioned that “you can avoid the $10.00 Premium Data charge.” So that’s why I thought of avoiding it completely. This is just a service message and that’s it.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxie View Post
    Yesterday I got a message from sprint saying that $10.00 Premium Data fee is for the rich data experience in my evo and if I pay that then I will be able to get faster data experience with it but I don’t understand why are they telling me to do that. I just don’t want this data charge at all implied in my evo. So do you all know any method that will help me stay out of this confusion.

I have been a loyal customer of sprint since long and don’t want to get into any kind of hurdle with them and hence instead of seeking their profession help. I have come here to seek some help.
    Dude don’t go with it at all. I simply don’t understand what is the rich data experience if we subscribe to it. Then what is the normal data experience that we get?

This is just a gimmick from sprint people to add some more offers and get rich from our experience.

It is the other way of saying that if you don’t want this or don’t subscribe to the premium data plan then you will not be able to enjoy the phone at all. What is the normal data speed that they are giving for your phone?

I just hope that if somebody comes up with a tethering technique for this phone then it would be a great deal for me that’s for sure.

Seriously speaking I am just frustrated with the data charges they apply for every single thing they provide. Sometimes I do feel to just hack this phone and make use of every possible feature.

I just hope that if somebody comes up with a tethering technique for this phone then it would be a great deal for me that’s for sure.

Seriously speaking I am just frustrated with the data charges they apply for every single thing they provide. Sometimes I do feel to just hack this phone and make use of every possible feature.
    Well that’s a crime let me warn you. You are violating their terms and conditions. I don’t understand what’s the harm in paying $10 a month to get the rich web experience. I mean if you got such a high end phone like evo4G then you should be able to make every possible use of it, that’s what my opinion is. You also pay for the service provider to watch it on the TV right? Then what’s the harm in doing it for the phone? If they are bringing some offers for the betterment of yours I can see lots of people challenging them, what’s the need?

Dude if you are talking about the tethering then there is a app available named as PDAnet app. You can look out for the same in the web and download it.

The biggest benefit in sprint is that we can use the unlimited plan which is not there in majority of the carriers these days. I just switched to sprint some days back and on confirming from Verizon if they would eb able to provide me a unlimited plan in addition to the $4 a month for the month, they simply refused. So that’s why I switched to the sprint.