Thread: Unable to connect USB mouse in Aakash tablet

Unable to connect USB mouse in Aakash tablet

I bought an Aakash tablet at the time it releases, I was very much excited when it was launched so bought it but now I regret buying it. It has the worst touch screen quality. Whenever I try selecting any icon by hitting it with one touch, it does not work properly. The icon is opened only when we touch it for a while. Now what I am planning to do is to connect a USB mouse so that I will not have anything to do with the touch. But now I faced another problem, after connecting the mouse I can’t see the cursor on the screen and even if it is connected the mouse run with a very low speed.

Re: Unable to connect USB mouse in Aakash tablet

I never tried connecting a mouse in my tablet but yes I do agree with you that aakash tablet is the one of the most disappointing thing I ever came across. Not only the touch but also the screen resolution is so worst that I can’t see anything when I try to use it under just a single dim light. I was fed up with these problems but now from your post I at least got an option of getting rid of the touch screen problem but you came up with the problem along with the USB mouse idea. I will see whether I am able to connect a mouse to my tablet. At least I will come to know whether display is the only problem or else there’s still more issue that lies in this tablet.

Maybe your USB mouse is encountering a loose connection with the USB port. Or else the mouse you have connected is not being compatible with the USB port.
    There may be possibility that the USB port connected to your tablet pc is defected, as it is aakash tablets are encountering lots of hardware issue and also received not so good reviews. I would suggest you to try out some other mouse unless the problem lies only in the mouse. Better to get it checked at any service center if in case it’s in warranty.

Instead of going for a wired USB mouse why don’t you try out a wireless mouse? At least with that you will not have any problem with the wiring connection. No wires no external ports no extra device etc. I guess we just need software installed to get the wireless device/mouse detected in our pc or tablet. So even if you have any problem with your USB port, you can ignore it as you did with your touch screen issue.

That a good option I could try. In fact that’s the only option left with me to get connected to my tablet. One of my friends told me initially when I bought this tablet that along with the aakash tablet the manufacturer of this tablet are providing their customers with a keyboard and mouse. Is it true? Are they free of cost or do we need to pay some amount for this?

Its better you limit your collection or buying anything from Data wind. I don’t have any idea about the external devices they are providing the customer but I would say that even if they provide it to me for free or for the cheapest price, I would never buy it. Buying aakash tablet is already the biggest mistake everyone had committed, buying mouse and keyboard of the same manufacturer is more than a risk.
    I would suggest you to better return your tablet and switch to any other tablet of best brands available in the market, no matter how much extra money you will have to pay for it. But please don’t think of buying extra devices from Data Wind.

Yes you are right; Data Wind is providing their customers with a keyboard. And for your kind information the keyboard is not for free. You will have to pay an additional cost of Rs. 499 along with you aakash tablet that you will buy. And regarding mouse I am completely unaware about it. I don’t think they are providing the mouse.
    But any ways that cares what they provide us. It’s just a simple trick or marketing and selling out their products.