Thread: Unnecessary error and issues after softmodding my Wii

Unnecessary error and issues after softmodding my Wii

I bought a Wii since 2 years ago. And I also softmodded it some 1 year ago, undoubtedly it’s too long since my last softmodding. I had a homebrew channel which was working just fine and also had a firmware 3.2u running in the system.
    Recently I purchased the new Zelda: Skyward Sword game, to play this game without any interruption I purposely updated everything and made sure that everything works fine. But later on I always got an error message that hackii is unable to run just because it has a faked ios. But I at the end resolved the problem and successfully loaded hackmii, in fact I used it. Now it is at 4.3u which is showing the new homebrew channel and usb loader. Loading the homebrew channel or usb loader creates a problem, the wii resets. I am desperately dying to play that game but some or the other thing stops me.

Re: Unnecessary error and issues after softmodding my Wii

Instead of breaking your head in getting the solution from here I would suggest you to follow the softmod any wii guide. This will help you in getting all the required details and information and also provide you with the most common problems, and ultimately it will also help you in getting all the updates which will keep you going.

I am the one who genuinely followed the softmod any Wii guide for the beginning. I also installed all the wads and guess what everything worked fine but it said that the bootmii won’t be installing, but I never cared as I was un sure whether it is needed or not. The wii firmware mentioned that it is at 4.1u.
    The wii use to restart just because I use to load anything from the wii system menu. Whenever I try and load the USB drive it loads and when I load the game the Wii is restarted. Don’t know what exactly is going on.

Thanks my friend for the softmod any wii guide suggestion. But for your kind information I already tried using it few days ago, but I always had problems while running some specified software. The problem was simple and common, my Wii use to stop and reset.
    I already mention above that my Wii is now running at 4.3u. Any other solution please, at least is there anyone who can tell me why exactly I am facing this problem? I am waiting for a proper reason and perfect solution for this problem.

I hope you have a pre-loader to run the homebrew channel. Try to boot your wii from the preiiloader and then try and load the USB loader. And at the end also try running and checking the system check, you can do it using dop-mii. After doing all this let me know the results.

I would like to ask you a question, have you ever tried redoing the whole Mauifrog mod, I mean the hackmii installer HBC, Bootmii, Nand, backup and etc? Anyways my first suggestion would be to downgrade your firmware to 4.1 and try to install custom ios and preferred channels. CFG,GX, usb loaders Neogamma for disc backups, Latest version of pre-loader.
    Now if you still face the problem then try to post the system check, only then me or anyone else can advice or suggest you something. The main reason behind causing this problem is, whenever you try to update to 4.3u Nintendo has stubbed some of the ios, this is to stop the modders.

Hey thanks, I successfully came out of this headache. I first updated to 4.3 through Modmii which I was supposing will not create any problem but at last it did created a problem. But now everything is fine only for that the USB loader resets itself whenever try to start a game. I am unable to run bootmii it’s because according to the error I read my boot type is not compatible, but I can try it later on.
    But any ways my homebrew channel is loading properly and also usb hard drive is loading perfectly, what else I need. I am OK with those two things.

I had a priiloader in the system to run the homebrew channel but later on it was unable to load the retail disc. And I also tried to boot Wii using the priiloader but while doing so I gets a warning TMDSIZE Error. While trying to load the USB loader, it loads but then suddenly reastart the Wii. As told to me I also tried running the system check through dop-mii but it freezes and gives an exception.

In my case gamecube and wii discs now possibly loads along with the wii homebrew channel. And also I sued Dop-mii to install for installing 4.2u and now everything seems to be alright and getting better. But still I am facing the problem with the USB loader.
    The Zelda game now seems to be playing the music and then going back to the system menu when tried to load.

Just for you kind knowledge I would like to share that most of the games are played on iso with a [56] base whether it is 249[56] 250[56]... Cod mw3/Black ops needs 249[57] 250[57]... so if you Mauimod you the definitely have these options.
    You just have to change the game load settings, click save and finish it, now it will remember for the next time.