Thread: Can I drop data plan of blackberry for Verizon by switching that account to dumbphone

Can I drop data plan of blackberry for Verizon by switching that account to dumbphone

I am willing to get a blackberry for Verizon but the I don’t need the data plan that comes with it, so I was thinking that is it possible to get a dumbphone and the switch that account to dumbphone and then remove the data plan and I will still stay obligated to the contract. I am thinking so because I am getting a blackberry bold for free which needs the data plan as well but then I am willing to sell it out and then dump the data plan and then switch the some dumphone,is there anyone who has an idea about it??

Re: Can I drop data plan of blackberry for Verizon by switching that account to dumbphone

I am willing to get a blackberry for Verizon but the I don’t need the data plan that comes with it, so I was thinking that is it possible to get a dumbphone and the switch that account to dumbphone and then remove the data plan and I will still stay obligated to the contract. I am thinking so because I am getting a blackberry bold for free which needs the data plan as well but then I am willing to sell it out and then dump the data plan and then switch the some dumphone,is there anyone who has an idea about it??
    I think that would be wrong but then if you will switch to the dumbphone then the data plan will be dropped, I have done the same for the Droid with my brother’s dumbphone and then the plan was dropped.

Re: Can I drop data plan of blackberry for Verizon by switching that account to dumbphone

I think that you will be charged for early termination fee if you are willing to drop the data plan, the other thing that I wanted to share is that you are might be getting the blackberry bold free only by agreeing upon paying them certain amount of money every month and so, so if you are thinking of dropping the same then you won’t be getting the same for free. Hope that’s clear.

Even I don’t think that this will be a good deal, I mean that when you will drop out the data plan that is not following the contract then you will be charged for breaking the contract and that price could be the price of the phone of even more.