Thread: unable to turn on wireless capability on Toshiba Satellite A665-S6095

unable to turn on wireless capability on Toshiba Satellite A665-S6095

I connect internet in my Toshiba Satellite A665-S6095 laptop via wireless connection. From last two days I am unable to connect internet in my laptop via wireless connection. Whenever I try to connect the internet using wireless connection it showcase me error message “Wireless communication is disabled - Please turn on the wireless communication switch”. Can anyone tell me how to fix this issue?? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: unable to turn on wireless capability on Toshiba Satellite A665-S6095

Have you checked properly that the external button is on for the wifi card?? If no please enable it. Turn on the laptop and check whether the external button is activated or not. I hope it will work and fix this issue completely.

Windows 7 is not compatible with the BIOS version of your laptop, I will suggest you to download the latest version of the BIOS software from Toshiba and update it to the latest that is compatible with your system. Create a CD with an image. After that you should restart and see whether the wireless connection is working without any problem. Enable the WLAN option from the BIOS.

You should press Fn +F8 key to turn on the wireless option. When you press the FN+F8 key at that time they will ask you to select between the wireless and Bluetooth connection to choose from. You should select the wireless option. If the issue is still not solved then check the BIOS settings. Press F2 to check whether the WLAN option is enabled or not. After that restart your laptop. This should fix the issue.

I have Toshiba Satellite A660 18N and I am also facing the same problem. Message arrives “Open Intel My wifi utility” and it states that hardware radio switch is off but when I check it shows me that it is on. Initially I tried to solve this issue by reinstalling the wireless drivers in my laptop. After I contacted to the Toshiba support centre and they informed me to update the BIOS and reinstall the wireless drivers. I updated the BIOS and my issue got fixed. I hope it will surely work for you. Give me your feedback.

If you are still facing the problem then you have to uninstall the wireless drivers from the internet and after uninstalling the wireless drivers you have to insert the drivers CD again and then install the drivers and after that you will be able to use the WLAN in your Toshiba Satellite A665-S6095 laptop.
    If this is not helping you then you should download the updated wireless drivers from Toshiba official website by informing them your operating system. Install the drivers in your laptop and see it is working or not. I hope it will work. You should double click on the "Tbs Wireless.exe" file which is situated in C drive. I think this will work for you.

Thanks’ a lot friends for your advice. It has helped me a lot and eventually worked for me. I double clicked on the "Tbs Wireless.exe" file and pressed FN+F8 to select the wireless option. After that the I checked that the connection has started. Thanks again guys. I am admired.

My new Toshiba laptop does the same thing...who ever heard of a laptop with no WiFi switch?

Anyway, this always works for me:
    Open COMPUTER >
    Choose C DRIVE >
    Choose PROGRAMS >
    Choose TOSHIBA >
    Choose TBS >
    Double-click on TBSWireless to enable wifi capabilities...you should get a WIFI ENABLED or WIFI ON message...
    Hope this works for you!