Thread: Unknown caller id on 3G service but getting correct ID switching to EDGE or GSM service

Unknown caller id on 3G service but getting correct ID switching to EDGE or GSM service

I am not aware of whether all the AT&T users are having the same issue. Phone of mine is connected with Cisco System phone equipment. Whoever having caller ID service is able to see my number. However whenever I make call on Blackberry device which is using 3G network, that person is getting Unknown Caller. If that Blackberry user switches to EDGE then they are getting appropriate display. What is wrong happening?????

Re: Unknown caller id on 3G service but getting correct ID switching to EDGE or GSM service

If issue is happening with Blackberry device than I think Content Protection could be turn on. To turn off that you will need to do following steps.
    • Go for Options and select Security Options and select General Settings.
    • Here you have to set Include Address Book to No.

Re: Unknown caller id on 3G service but getting correct ID switching to EDGE or GSM service

I searched on the internet to get the idea of issue and figured out that problem is associated at carrier end. So you will need to reach carrier on it. you can call them through hotline and get verify yourself, provide the information regarding the problem. They will definitely give an idea on the above mentioned issue.