Thread: Lenovo G570 Lenovo Energy Management Problem

Lenovo G570 Lenovo Energy Management Problem

I have a Lenovo G570 laptop with Windows7 64bit. It is 2 months old. I sent it to Lenovo for frequent bsod's and problem waking from sleep. Lenovo reinstalled the OS (which I think is different from the one-key factory default because one junk (google chome) wasn't installed when I got it back. They also updated the bios.

They fixed the above problem, but now when two users are logged in on the computer, Lenovo Energy Management uses 25% CPU (which shows up in the inactive user).

The computer seems to run fine in spite of this, but I feel that we are charging the battery every day and think that might be the cause. Is charging the battery daily normal?

I called Lenovo and they say this is a software problem and won't help unless I pay, which I didn't want to do.

Lenovo has a Lenovo Energy Management available for download, but it's version 6.0.12. The version in this computer is 6.0.15.

I noticed on Microsoft's site about Windows 7 that it has a power management for laptop batteries. I was wondering if I could uninstall the Lenovo Energy Management and just use the Power Management in Windows - or did Lenovo do something that would cause a problem if I did that?

I'm only thinking about doing this at this time, but would appreciate any thoughts on it.

Thank you.

Re: Lenovo G570 Lenovo Energy Management Problem

The battery is automatically charged when you boot your laptop to windows and have it plugged in via the cable to the power switches and it is normal and doesnt cost anything if you charge the laptop battery everyday. You can also try to uninstall your version but not the drivers and install the windows Power Management if you would like.

Re: Lenovo G570 Lenovo Energy Management Problem

Thank you for your reply. Today we had to charge the battery twice. I think the problem is the Lenovo Energy Management - it will constantly use 25% CPU if two users are logged in.

I thought the Windows Power Management was already in the computer (maybe it's Lenovo but doesn't say its name in the control panel).

If I removed the newer version (6.0.1.5) and installed the version available (6.0.1.2) do you think that might correct the problem...or would installing an older version be a bad thing to do?

If that wouldn't be harmful, after removing the software I could check and see if the Windows Power Management is in the control panel or not, and possibly use that.

Thank you for the warning about the drivers.