Thread: How to replace damaged touchscreen in Asus Garminfone

question How to replace damaged touchscreen in Asus Garminfone

I have a Asus Garminfone and last week it dropped out of my pocket and the screen was damaged. Now the problem is that I am not able to see very clearly on my Garminfone that’s why I am going for an replacement of the touchscreen. Can anyone tell me how to replace the damaged touchscreen? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank You.

Re: How to replace damaged touchscreen in Asus Garminfone

I would like to know that do you have got the replacement screen for your Garminfone. It would be better that you would get that in order to replace the screen.

question Re: How to replace damaged touchscreen in Asus Garminfone

Yes, I have found the screen that should be replaced for my Garminfone and also the front-piece for the phone. The replacement kit that I have got has come with some set of the tools but I am unaware that how to fix the screen. So could anyone help me in doing that?

Exclamation Re: How to replace damaged touchscreen in Asus Garminfone

The cell phones that we use are normally get damaged because they fall done from our pockets or due to some kind of the physical damage to the phone. You can sure be able to replace the damaged touchscreen of your phone but this process is little bit difficult. So I would rather tell you to go to the cell shop and get it repaired. This is because if you do don’t have the knowledge about the hardware of the phone then it would be difficult. So, better leave it to the experts.

Hoping for a better solution. Is there anybody here who can give me the one by one procedure about how to replcae the damaged screen. It would be very helpful to me guys . I have already got the kit. Please tell me how to replace the screen.

idea Re: How to replace damaged touchscreen in Asus Garminfone

I have done this and I will help you to solve your problem. Follow these steps:

• Switch off the phone and remove the battery from the phone.
    • Remove the SIM card from the phone by pulling it out from the metal cover.
    • Now, you will see a RF grommet of the phone from where you have removed the battery. Just hold the grommet with the help of the tweezers and try to remove it out of the mobile phone.
    • You will see a hole at the opposite side of the grommet. Now put the tweezers in that hole and pull it upwards with little pressure so that the bottom plastic antenna cover would be unlocked. When the cover is removed keep it aside from the phone.
    • Now, remove all the screws that are present on the edge of the phone by using the Torx screwdriver. Also after removing the screws take out the metal plate from the phone and keep it aside.
    • To see the LCD display screen you have to flip the phone. Try to slide down the edge part of flat headed screwdriver into the plastic cover that is present on the bottom. Allow the screwdriver to move in the up and down position so that the catch that is underneath the plastic cover gets unlocked. Now remove the full plastic cover by lifting it up.

Thanks for that suggestion. But the steps you have told me are not the complete steps I suppose because you did not mentioned what to do after lifting the plastic cover up.Can anyone tell me the complete the procedure of how to replace the screen? Thank You in advance…

idea Re: How to replace damaged touchscreen in Asus Garminfone

Original Post by Mahalingam:

I have done this and I will help you to solve your problem. Follow these steps:

• Switch off the phone and remove the battery from the phone.
    • Remove the SIM card from the phone by pulling it out from the metal cover.
    • Now, you will see a RF grommet of the phone from where you have removed the battery. Just hold the grommet with the help of the tweezers and try to remove it out of the mobile phone.
    • You will see a hole at the opposite side of the grommet. Now put the tweezers in that hole and pull it upwards with little pressure so that the bottom plastic antenna cover would be unlocked. When the cover is removed keep it aside from the phone.
    • Now, remove all the screws that are present on the edge of the phone by using the Torx screwdriver. Also after removing the screws take out the metal plate from the phone and keep it aside.
    • To see the LCD display screen you have to flip the phone. Try to slide down the edge part of flat headed screwdriver into the plastic cover that is present on the bottom. Allow the screwdriver to move in the up and down position so that the catch that is underneath the plastic cover gets unlocked. Now remove the full plastic cover by lifting it up.
    The above steps are absolutely correct but they are incomplete. Follow this after the step 6 as suggested by the Mahalingam. After that follow these steps:

• Try o find the latch that is present on the side part of the Screen and with the help of the tweezers remove it. Now, remove the screen from the phone carefully and also disconnect the cable that is connected to the screen.
    • Take your replacement screen which you have ordered and fix it back to the phone and connect the cable to the new replaced screen.
    • Now, take the plastic cover that you have keep aside and fix it to the phone again and flip the cover back over. Fix the metal plate with the screws. Put the RF Grommet into its original position and also don’t forget to place the SIM card and the battery of the phone. Now switch on the phone and check whether the replaced screen is working properly or not. Thank You.

unsure Re: How to replace damaged touchscreen in Asus Garminfone

I had the same problem with my Asus Garminfone. But as I am technically not enough good with the hardware parts of the mobile phone, I gave it to the Cell shop and got it repaired. Why to perform if you don’t know anything about that device?. My last mobile was damaged and I tried to repair it on myself but I didn’t made it and the result was I even more damaged that phone through the method I used. That is why I gave it to the shop because I didn't wanted to lose my Asus Garminfone.

Try to give your phone to the respective gallery of your mobile. If your phone is in Warranty then it will be replaced without cost but don’t give it to the local mobile shops as they remove some original parts and replace it with the duplicate parts which would run for a while an gets a problem again. So its better that don’t do the analysis if you don’t know anything. If you know with the parts of the mobile and you think you can do then its better. But do not do without prior knowledge. It will cost you even more.

smile Re: How to replace damaged touchscreen in Asus Garminfone

Successfully replaced the screen of my phone. It was a bit difficult task for me but I did it. It was not possible without the suggestions of you all. Thank You again for providing the knowledge to me.

blanck182 Guest

someone brought one of these phones in my shop today and I couldn't quote a price on replacing the LCD screen. Therefore I have 2 questions: is there a LCD screen + a digitizer like an iPhone 3 or just a digitizer assy? How long did it take you to change it?

Quote Originally Posted by blanck182 View Post
    someone brought one of these phones in my shop today and I couldn't quote a price on replacing the LCD screen. Therefore I have 2 questions: is there a LCD screen + a digitizer like an iPhone 3 or just a digitizer assy? How long did it take you to change it?
    Yes, there is a replacement LCD Touch Screen for Asus Garminfone A50 model version of mobile phone listed on ebay at US $33.99. There is also Digitizer Touch Panel without Adhesive that you can get for this phone. But how long does it takes will only come to be known when you start disassembling and attaching the parts.

blanck182 Guest

thanks Spearman, somehow I couldn't find the LCD only, I'll keep on looking... as for the time I figured I'd ask just to get an idea from someone else.

blanck182 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by spearMan View Post
    Yes, there is a replacement LCD Touch Screen for Asus Garminfone A50 model version of mobile phone listed on ebay at US $33.99. There is also Digitizer Touch Panel without Adhesive that you can get for this phone. But how long does it takes will only come to be known when you start disassembling and attaching the parts.
    Well, I still can't find it on ebay at 33.99( that was a digitizer) lowest is 59.99. Any other suppliers you guys can think of?