Thread: Asus N53SV Wi-Fi stays connected for few minutes only

Asus N53SV Wi-Fi stays connected for few minutes only

From last few months I am using Asus N53SV laptop in which I have windows 7 operating system. From last few days I am facing problem with the laptop WIFI. Whenever I connect my laptop with WIFI router at that time it stays connected for few minutes and after that it gets disconnected. Please tell me what should I do to solve this problem?

Re: Asus N53SV Wi-Fi stays connected for few minutes only

After reading your problem I would like to tell you that you when you use internet via WIFI in your laptop at that time you have to make sure that you are using it in proper WFI range according to your wireless router. Many times this type of problem can takes place due to poor range.

According to me you have to disable the power option of the wireless adapter from the device manager and after disabling the power option when you use internet though WIFI at that time you will not get this problem. I hope after disabling the power option of the wireless adapter your problem will get solved.

If you still face the same problem after trying this solution then let me know.

To disable the power option of the wireless adapter you have to follow these steps.

You have to first right click on the my computer and after that you have to click on the properties. Now select device manger and after selecting the device manager you have to looks for the wireless adapter. Now after that you have to right click on the wireless adapter and after that you have to select properties. After that you have to go to the power management tab and then turn off the power option from there and after turning off the power option from the device manager your problem will get solved.

Try this solution and after that let me know what the result is.

As you have mentioned that I have to disable power option for the wireless adapter and after reading that I have disabled the power option and after doing that when I use internet though WIFI at that time I get same problem. Now please tell me what should I do solve this problem?

According to me you should connect other WIFI device with your Wireless router and after that you have to check whether you are facing same problem with that also or not. If you are experiencing the same problem after connecting other devices with your Wireless network then it means problem is with your wireless router and if you don’t face the same problem then it means problem is with the router only.

Same problem occurred with my Asus laptop also and first I thought that problem is occurred because of the drivers and that is why I have reinstalled the drivers in my laptop and after reinstalling the drivers also I was facing same problem and then I tried to solve this problem by updating the drivers and updating the drivers does not helped me to solve this issue. After that I have contact the Asus support and discussed about my problem and they told me to try to solve this issue by updating the BIOS and after that I have update the BIOS in my laptop and then my problem get solved. You can also try this solution.

If you want to update BIOS in your Asus N53SV laptop then you have to visit official site of the Asus and download the latest BIOS installation file from there and then make bootable CD of it and after doing that your problem will get solved. if you need any more help then let me know.