Go Back   TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 16-01-2012

iMessage turns in to Text Message sometimes on iPhone(iOS 5)

I have recently bought an iPhone (iOS 5) and the problem that I have noticed with it is that when I am sending imessage to another iphone user, say my friend then the imessage gets changed in to a normal text message but then it happens sometimes and I am not able to track out the cause of the same, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it?
Old 16-01-2012

Re: iMessage turns in to Text Message sometimes on iPhone(iOS 5)

Quote:
I have recently bought an iPhone (iOS 5) and the problem that I have noticed with it is that when I am sending imessage to another iphone user, say my friend then the imessage gets changed in to a normal text message but then it happens sometimes and I am not able to track out the cause of the same, is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it?
As far as I know the issue is because of the network coverage, I mean that if the signal is lost while someone sends you a imessage and if there is any issue with the signal like that then it gets turn in to a normal text message, you can say that the text message is sent as backup message when the imessage gets failed, even I have faced the same a no of times but the later I came to know about the cause of it from the experts. Hope that helps.
Old 17-01-2012

Re: iMessage turns in to Text Message sometimes on iPhone(iOS 5)

Yes I am aware of the same and I also wanted to add that even though we have an option of changing the setting in order to make it not switch to SMS, it does not actually makes difference, you will still get it as a normal text message if the is any signal flaws.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Portable Devices
Tags: , , , , ,