Thread: GoPhone SIM is not working with Blackberry Bold

GoPhone SIM is not working with Blackberry Bold

I have recently bought a 2nd hand Blackberry Bold from my friend which is quite new and he was using voice/data plan with ATT but then the same plan was not useful for me so I tried to use the sim that came with the Nokia 2610 Gophone and was activated as well, the problem that I am having here is that it does show prepaid phone no but then it is also showing something as SOS in red at the corner because of which I am not able to make calls but then the wifi works well. I have crossed check it with SIM from att phone and everything just works fine, I am not able to find out the cause of this issue, is there anyone who has an idea about this??

Re: GoPhone SIM is not working with Blackberry Bold

I have recently bought a 2nd hand Blackberry Bold from my friend which is quite new and he was using voice/data plan with ATT but then the same plan was not useful for me so I tried to use the sim that came with the Nokia 2610 Gophone and was activated as well, the problem that I am having here is that it does show prepaid phone no but then it is also showing something as SOS in red at the corner because of which I am not able to make calls but then the wifi works well. I have crossed check it with SIM from att phone and everything just works fine, I am not able to find out the cause of this issue, is there anyone who has an idea about this??
    Before I suggest you something about the same I just wanted to know that the sim card from att which worked out for you was postpaid or prepaid??

The actuall owner had the standard Cingular postpaid voice/data plan as I have mentioned where as the other sim card of my friend that worked out for me is also postpaid, I have done a number of experiment with the same and I have found these:
    • Gophone SIM card is working fine in Nokia cellphone
    • The sim that I am using says "security disabled"
    • My friends and the owner card were working fine

I don’t think that there is any problem with the sim that I am using as it still works fine with the Nokia 2610 that I have. What do you think the cause might be??

As you have said that it is showing sos in red when you are inserting the card, then the workaround that you can try out here is going in to the manage connections and after that just disabling the mobile network and then enabling it again and see if it is making any difference, just check it out and then let me know the result.

I am not very sure but then I think that the issue might be because of the 3g, I mean that the att's system might not be allowing you to use the 3g as you are having the prepaid card, I will suggest you to better visit the corporate store and then get the gophone account set or else check out what they have to say about the same, I think that they must he having an answer for your issue.