Thread: Is it possible to use Blackberry internet connection with Android honeycomb tablet?

Is it possible to use Blackberry internet connection with Android honeycomb tablet?

I have recently bought an Android honeycomb tablet which is Asus Eee Pad Transformer and I am also having blackberry Torch 9800, so here I just wanted to know that if I don’t have the wifi coverage for the tablet then can I use blackberry phone as an internet portal, is this tethering possible? Is there anyone who can help me out with the same??

re: Is it possible to use Blackberry internet connection with Android honeycomb tablet?

I have recently bought an Android honeycomb tablet which is Asus Eee Pad Transformer and I am also having blackberry Torch 9800, so here I just wanted to know that if I don’t have the wifi coverage for the tablet then can I use blackberry phone as an internet portal, is this tethering possible? Is there anyone who can help me out with the same??
    I am not very sure but then I have heard that there is an app for this tethering purpose but then here it has to be connected with the USB cable in order to use the internet from your computer, I don’t think that the Asus Eee Pad Transformer is having the usb capability, as far as the wireless tethering is concerned I don’t think that it is possible by now, I think that we will have to wait for the new models to come up with this kind of capabilities.

re: Is it possible to use Blackberry internet connection with Android honeycomb tablet?

Even have bought Eee Pad Transformer last week and I still use my blackberry 9780 and even I want to try the same, if anyone finds a solution for this then please share it will be highly appreciated.

I don’t think that we can tether the Blackberry's internet connection to other android tablets because I have been trying out the same with the `Tablet Infinite Life 7 android tablet but then have not got a success yet. I have tried messing with the APN info such as the phones IP address, mms proxy and the port numbers as well which I had in the blackberry but then it is not making any difference and I am not able to get it work.I have tried this all on my own because I have not yet found a workaround for the same.

ThumbsUp Re: Is it possible to use Blackberry internet connection with Android honeycomb tablet?

I have sucessfully tethered my torch 9800 to my Asus TF101 with the updated ICS os.

1. Turn off WiFi on your android tablet.
    2. Pair your BB to your Android. (go to settings menu)
    3. In settings menu turn your blue tooth on.
    4. Select bluetooth and confirm your BB shows "Connected"
    5 In the same window, select the settings icon at the right side of the paired device and you should see a notification showing "Internet Access" - Connected to device for internet access.

If you are having trouble getting your bb to stay paired initially, restart the Transformer and try again.

Timbyt s.
    Last edited by timbyts; 28-03-2012 at 08:08 AM.