Thread: How to unlock Asus Garminfone

How to unlock Asus Garminfone

Hello friends, i have got T-Mobile garminfone and i purchased it from eBay. So when i have got the phone it is locked. Due to lock i am not able to access to menu of phone. It keep on asking unlock code. I have tried vipe but it did not helped me, so anyone know what to do and how to unlock it? Please help me with this. Thank you.

Re: How to unlock Asus Garminfone

I have heard about the problem i think that you might have to do a reset of phone, where the problem is sounding like previous owner setup security code on to phone, so you have to do reset using buttons. You just go to following link over there you will be able to master reset. You should start from Step 2. If you will do it then it will eraser all the previous owner information and also security code.

Master reset using hardware buttons: Garmin-Asus Garminfone

Quote Originally Posted by Bhadran View Post
    I have heard about the problem i think that you might have to do a reset of phone, where the problem is sounding like previous owner setup security code on to phone, so you have to do reset using buttons. You just go to following link over there you will be able to master reset. You should start from Step 2. If you will do it then it will eraser all the previous owner information and also security code.

Master reset using hardware buttons: Garmin-Asus Garminfone
    I have tried that method couple of time, but it has not worked for me. I was thinking to change the firmware of the phone which is method might help me. But it can be done if there is memory card, i have tried it doing it by usb polling mode but was not able to understand how to do it and get it for me.

I think that device might be asking the unlock code that device might be having unrepairable software issue even it might be that someone or the other have tried to do a subsidy unlock code incorrectly. So i would suggest that you can do it update or reload the software of the phone, which is seem to be last option for you. You can check on link below and can try to update it to Android 2.1. If then also did not worked for you then i would suggest that you contact the Garmin, they might be able to provide to solve the problem and give you something to unlock it and you will be able to unlock it.

Garminfone Éclair Software

I was trying to do update software to Android 2.1 (Eclair) then when i am trying to do it i am getting yellow triangle on upper left corner of the screen, so i am not able to run this software.

If you are getting that yellow triangle then it signifies the device either attempting to enter recovery mode even it might be some sort of problem with software. If you are trying to update and it getting fail continuously then it will be hard for to get it work, i think you need to call Garmin for repair service options.