Thread: After softmodding Wii disc drive unable to read disc

After softmodding Wii disc drive unable to read disc

Recently I after softmodding 4.0u Wii, I tired playing a game on it using a USB loader GX and it worked fine. But now the I think there is some problem with my optical drive; the optical drive is unable to read Wii games.
    I guess the drive is working properly but it’s unable to read the disc for some reason, I can hear the disc spinning inside after I insert the disc. After hearing the disc spinning sound I am totally confused where exactly the problem may lie. Is it with the disc or the drive?

Re: After softmodding Wii disc drive unable to read disc

If you have softmodded your Wii game then definitely you must have done some setting in the USB loader. If it’s so then possibly I would say that you must have made some mistake while making the settings. If you tried, will you let me know whether you have problem only just while reading the disc or also while reading the backup? Do one think try to play certain games on your disc channel and let me know what exactly happens when try to load the game.

Even I have the problem but mine doesn’t start after the soft modding. Actually I stopped using my Wii game some 2 weeks ago because my college exams were going on. But after my exams were over when I planned to plan some games on Wii and when I inserted the disc into the drive, the disc took some 15 min to load but ultimately the loading was not possible. As said in the above post my disc too spins when inserted but performs no action further.
    Another problem I noticed is that when I insert a disc and go to the settings I can see nothing but just a blank screen. But shutting the system off and inserting no disc result in the visibility of settings. Don’t know what could be the problem.

I never tried the backup, doing this never came in my mind, just tried the official wii games. I tried both the Mario Super Smash Brothers Brawl and wii sports.
    When I try playing these games on a disc channel, it shows the 2 disc spinning but it’s not at all possible to click on the start button. But clicking on the back button is possible. As I already mentioned that I am very much sure that the disc drive is working properly as I can still hear the disc spinning.

i too had this problem some few months ago, but i had it in my Xbox 360 but i sorted it out by myself. i will try to help you out, I would suggest you to try this out, just pop the game into the drive and don’t click on the wii disc channel. Then later on wait till the game image is displayed on the disc channel, and then start the game.

I told you that the disc is unable to read and load then how it is possible for the image to be appearing in the disc channel. In short still the same problem, image is unable to appear in the disc channel until clicked on it.
    By now even I noticed that the disc drive does not spin at all after ejecting the disc first time and then putting it back into it, but shutting the power off and inserting the disc makes it spin again. Totally confused, the issue is too messed up.

Maybe possibly your drive is defected. The only way coming in my mind is to play in a wii game by starting up the USB loader GX. Now if a message is displayed asking whether you want to mount drive or rip game to HDD then understand that your drive is working properly. First rip the game to the HDD and then load the game using USB loader GX, if loading is perfect and fine then it’s for sure that you drive can read and rip the game perfect. Then definitely you will have to think of something else.