Thread: Light Bleeding with Sony Ericsson Xperia active

Light Bleeding with Sony Ericsson Xperia active

I have purchased the Sony Ericsson Xperia active Billabong Edition and having some problem with the display. I found that the lower right screen is bleeding. There is no problem on any other portion of the screen. I have set the screen timeout to 1 min but the capacitive button on lower right gets shut off earlier to the screen. Can you please tell me that what is the problem with this and how can I get this resolved.

Re: Light Bleeding with Sony Ericsson Xperia active

This is not the problem. It is according to the design of the phone. This nis not only you who is facing this issue. There are many of the other users who are experiencing the same.

I think that you will need to dim / disable the button backlight but it will be only possible for you if your phone is rooted. To do that, you will have to go to the directory /system/etc and from there open "hw_config.sh". Now see the line # LMU AS3676 Configuration. from here you will have to change echo 8000 > $dev/button-backlight/max_current with echo 0001 > $dev/button-backlight/max_current. If you wish to dim the backlight then the value of this must be from 1000 to 8000.

I am not sure about this but I think that the display chop of that would be corrupted and for that reason it is showing you this problem. I will never recommend you to do rooting of the phone as that will void the warranty for the phone and you will not get any support from the Sony.

If the phone is under warranty the it will be better for you if you can go to the service center and they will solve the problem for you. If that is under warranty then they will not charge you for this.