Thread: Updating Sony Ericsson Xperia active to 4.0.2.A.0.42 leads to poor GPS

Updating Sony Ericsson Xperia active to 4.0.2.A.0.42 leads to poor GPS

Hello friends, I am using the Sony Ericsson Xperia active and have recently updated that to the version 4.0.2.A.0.42. All the things are running well but there are some problem with the GPS. I know that this is not the problem with the IpBike App, I can see the same problem with some other app like standard google maps app and also some other apps that I have used. When I tried the same with the X8 then there was no problem with that. Can you tell me that what could be the reason for this problem and how this can be solved.

Re: Updating Sony Ericsson Xperia active to 4.0.2.A.0.42 leads to poor GPS

I think that you need to give the hard restart to your phone to get the issue solved. So just take out the battery from the phone and after that start the phone by inserting the battery in. I am unsure that what is the problem with this but at least this will be better to do for now. So do this and let us know if this makes any difference or not.

You can try with the Service Menu. To get into the service menu, if you are using the Arc, Neo, Play, etc then just go to open Dialer and then type the following:

*#*#7378423#*#*

I hope that this will be helpful to you.

If this is not allowing you to calibrate then you can go with the below settings and see if that can help you. Just go to the settings and from there open applications and go to the manage applications section. Open all the applications and then simply uninstall the updates and clear all the things over there. After doing that, you will have to install the update again. There are more chances that this will solve the problem for you.

I think that you have selected the "Use wireless networks" from the location & security. If you have selected this then this is very important that you will have to choose to permit the Google for collecting the anonymous location data. If you have not done this then you might get the issues like this. If you want to check that whether you have selected that if you having "Use wireless networks" selected, you will have to go to the settings -> location & security. This is one of the most important thing that you must consider in this case.

There is possibility that the problem is caused because of the APN/data connection settings. You must mention that what is the operator that you are using. I am telling you this because this might be the problem from the operator.

You can try with the simple 'GPS Test'. i/t will only take about 10 minutes. Below are the steps to do this:
    1. first, disable the wifi and 3G
    2. Now run the 'GPS Test'.
    3. Once you are done with the test then you can clear AGPS.

I am having some temporary fix for this problem. Just put that to the GSM and make the data connection and roaming data disable. Once you are done with that then you can go to the sub menu "position" and from there turn on the "use wireless network" as well as "use gps satellites". I have tried with this and it was helpful for me. Now I am not having this problem anymore and I hope that it will do the same for you as well.

I think that the update is buggy...so what you can do is, just downgrade your phone and wait for the release of next update and then you can update with that one.