Thread: Unable to receive Text message when System Memory Above 90% on Asus Garminfone

Unable to receive Text message when System Memory Above 90% on Asus Garminfone

Hello friends, I think i am not able to receive text message when the system memory is more than 90%. I am getting the "system memory above 90%" warning. Is there any other method to stop other than making space for memory. So is there a way then please tell me. I have done all updates for phone system and it uses something 89%, i do not want any of application. So please help me. Thank you.

Re: Unable to receive Text message when System Memory Above 90% on Asus Garminfone

I know that is really frustrating to get that message again and again. I have some tip to maintain some of memory on the phone, you just keep 80 - 100 messages on the phones, and it been recommend by android also. And even ensure that you are clearing browser cache, cookies and history for 2-3 times in a week.

Re: Unable to receive Text message when System Memory Above 90% on Asus Garminfone

If you are going to clear browser cache, cookies and history then let me tell you there is difference between some of android version. I have steps which might be helpful for you.

Android 1.6 firmware
    • In the Application tray just tap on Setting
    • In setting tap on Applications.
    • Now tap on Browser.
    • Now scroll down and tap on the following and when you doing that the Tap on YES.
      • Clear Cache
      • Clear History
      • Clear Cookies
      • Clear Form Data

Android 2.1 firmware
    • In the Application tray just tap on Setting
    • Now tap on Browser.
    • Now scroll down and tap on the following and when you doing that the Tap on YES.
      • Clear Cache
      • Clear History
      • Clear Cookies
      • Clear Form Data

I have tried all the method, such that clearing the browser, call log and messages. Then also it showing me 89%. I think i need to remove some of update, like some set of Google updates which is taking more memory. Now also i am getting the problem as all message, call log and even browser history is been deleted. So what to do.

If you are trying to remove the update then it might be useful and you might get memory, but if you do, then it might force you to master reset. So you better do this but think about it and do.

I have tried those method for my phone, but then also it was not clearing any of browsing stuff. When i just go to Manage Applications utility then i get to see 120KB is been used for Data associated with browser and i can clear that from over here. I have also clear old text messages, i was not having message in dozen, then also it is not working for me. I really wanted to solve it out, so please help me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bala Murugan S View Post
    If you are trying to remove the update then it might be useful and you might get memory, but if you do, then it might force you to master reset. So you better do this but think about it and do.
    I have never done master reset, if i do that then it will work for me and can you please tell me that how to do it. It will be great that if will work it out for me, so please tell.

Yes master rest will be able to solve the problem which you are getting it and i have the method to do it, but before that i would tell you Back up all necessary data and synchronize files. You can just go to the following link and try to back all your data.

Prepare for a master reset and back up data on Android

Here are steps to do master reset.

• On Home screen, tap on Menu.
    • Then tap on Settings.
    • Then go to the System section,
    • Then you tap Privacy.
    • Now tap on Master Clear.
    • You will get popup asking 'Restore all settings to factory defaults and delete all user data?',
    • Then tap on Delete.
    • Again you will get popup asking 'This action cannot be reversed...Do you want to continue?',
    • Again tap on Delete.
    • Now wait for device restarts and displays the start up screens as it resets.

If you do master reset then it solve the problem which you are getting it. If you are done with basic memory management then also getting problem then it might be problem with software with memory component of the device. So doing master reset it reformat the phone and makes memory on phone. I wanted to tell if you are doing then all your current data is been saved on SD card and it will not be revert the phone to older firmware. You will get presently installed firmware and also enough of memory for effectively use.

The reason pf the problem is that when the memory gets full, then android just as Blackberry and Windows Mobile, stops delivering some of data to the phone. It start doing it with text messages. When the memory is been more than 90% then on a stage where phone start freezing and does not load the home screen for regular usage, so this was has happen with you and you were not able to receive any of text messages.

Quote Originally Posted by Bala Murugan S View Post
    Yes master rest will be able to solve the problem which you are getting it and i have the method to do it, but before that i would tell you Back up all necessary data and synchronize files. You can just go to the following link and try to back all your data.

Prepare for a master reset and back up data on Android

Here are steps to do master reset.

• On Home screen, tap on Menu.
    • Then tap on Settings.
    • Then go to the System section,
    • Then you tap Privacy.
    • Now tap on Master Clear.
    • You will get popup asking 'Restore all settings to factory defaults and delete all user data?',
    • Then tap on Delete.
    • Again you will get popup asking 'This action cannot be reversed...Do you want to continue?',
    • Again tap on Delete.
    • Now wait for device restarts and displays the start up screens as it resets.
    Answer to the memory problem, getting only 6% use of System Memory. For a whole year without doing a Master Reset and I think Android 2.1 collects crud in memory over that time.