Thread: Nintendo wii is not working properly when connected to Sharp LCD

Nintendo wii is not working properly when connected to Sharp LCD

I have recently bought a Nintendo wii and I have been trying to connect it to the Sharp LCD and somehow I have hooked it up to the tv but then the problem that I am facing is that the display is not proper and it is appearing to be fuzzy and black and white as well, I have checked out for the same and I have found a no of people suffering this problem but then I have not yet found a solution to get it work properly, is there anyone who can help me out??

Re: Nintendo wii is not working properly when connected to Sharp LCD

Before I suggest you something I will just want to know the following:
    • Which cable you have used?? (yellow / red / white )
    • Are you using component cables?
    • What is the model no of the sharp lcd that you are having?

Just answer the above question so that I could have a better idea about the issue that you are having and will try to help you with the same.

In that case I am using the standard composite cable which I have got with the Wii and I think that it is regular (yellow / red / white ), I am not using any component cable and so and as far as the model no is concerned it is LC40LE810UN. Just see if you could help me out with these.

I think that you will have to make use of Component Cables as even I have checked out and I have found that there are many people who have been facing issue using the standard composite cable, anyways you can try out the below one and you can just get it from the amazon for $5, just check it out:

I think that I can help you out here, actually even I have tried out the same using the standard composite cable which was giving me the same effect that you are getting now but then later I found this component cable and now I have connected it to the Toshiba LCD and it just works fine without any such issue, if you want then you can try out the same:
    RocketFish Wii 6' Component Cable (ND-GWII1122)

Yes you can use any component like as of the above for the HD TV because I have found that it gives you the best quality signal for the Wii as compared to that of the standard cable, it is also recommended by some experts if one is going to use it for HD TV, the component cables just makes the scaling of the picture much easier, there are a no of component cables that you can try out, I just mentioned that one that I found to be the best and cheap.