Thread: Skype calling Charges from Verizon on Blackberry

Skype calling Charges from Verizon on Blackberry

I would like to share some experiences on Skype which I have been using in my Blackberry as well as in my computer. This month I have got extra $45 charge on my bill. This is because making call on skype to NON-SKYPE international number. They have told that calling NON-SKYPE number costs as same as international calling charges but slightly lower (Not much). Does anyone else figured this out. I thought that they will debit the amount from the skype account. It seems to me that there is no benefit from calling this skype application. What do you say?

Re: Skype calling Charges from Verizon on Blackberry

First of all the phone calls between two Skype users over the Internet is really absolutely free. The IP-based telephony is Skype remain free forever. The software itself can be downloaded for free. However, the Skype user may incur expenses from another angle. For we must take into account of course the cost of Internet access. Anyone who has an internet connection with a flat rate, for the changes with the use of Skype and of course no one can save with Skype even a bit of telephone charges. If this is not the case arise indirectly through Skype costs often used by the Internet.

Verizon Wireless expects to cover the revenue through increased mobile data usage of the elimination of telephone charges and even may increase. Since Vodafone a 45 percent stake in Verizon Wireless are likely to be quickly informed of the industry giant, if the business proves to be profitable, so they can also make calls to mobile customers in other countries via Skype.

You must also have appeal, that the phone is free on Skype only in the IP-based variant. If one selects from a PC, a land line, you have to pay for this. The cost for such a call is relatively low, but the prices of some call-by-call providers still cheaper, so that one must find out exactly. Basically Skype calls to landlines are charged at local rate of a species.

Verizon Wireless, the leading wireless company with the wireless voice and more reliable 3G data and easier and cheaper way to stay connected with friends and family. So I think it is not very expensive for anyone to use the skype on 3G data and make calls.