Thread: How to use the iPhone 4S as Mobile Hotspot

How to use the iPhone 4S as Mobile Hotspot

Just started using the iPhone 4S. There is a high speed internet connection available. So I would like to use my phone as a mobile hotspot. Is there any way or any applications to do it?

Re: How to use the iPhone 4S as Mobile Hotspot

Depending on what you have put on a micro-SIM card in the iPhone 4 and whether your provider supports it, the menu item is displayed or Personal Hotspot just not.

Personal Hotspot is a feature in IOS 4.3 (March 11 that comes out) that your Internet connection of an iPhone 4 can share. From iOS 3.0 we have access to tethering. The difference between these two is that with a personal hotspot connection can share with five other devices. Three Wi-Fi and two via Bluetooth or USB. So if you are handy on the train. Since T-Mobile says it still does not support the feature may be that it does so in the future in the form of an additional choice for the subscription.

The Personal Hotspot feature is similar to that tethering a Wi-Fi network, the 3G signal on your iPhone 4. Especially useful if you move your MacBook or PC without a normal WiFi access point at hand. After turning on the personal hotspot feature on your iPhone 4 share your mobile data connection to your Mac, PC, iPhone or other device. So the comparison with tethering, is new to you through your personal hotspot 3G connection of up to five devices can share. 3 Wi-Fi and another two via Bluetooth or USB through a secure connection with a password that you set your iPhone 4. Also new is the personal hotspot that you can leave your iPhone 4 because the function automatically turns off when no external connection is active.

It was noticeable immediately that the name of the wireless network cannot be set directly on the iPhone. Instead, you get the access point SSID as the name that the phone has been assigned through the iTunes software on your PC or Mac. On the other hand, the iPhone configurable wireless key, which is to protect the network against unauthorized access. By default, a random-looking string of letters and numbers is established.

Originally intended only for the iPhone 4, it would seem, however, that the function is activated and running even in its predecessor, the 3G S, but only with a device connected at a time and taking advantage of the connectivity Bluetooth or USB to share the connection. According to this, however, there would be nothing new compared to the first: it is, in fact, the tethering feature can be activated via the hotspot feature, instead of enabling the terminal as a modem.

Telecom providers have with the new money on something where they can earn, it's just a little unclear what you as a consumer to start paying for this. The problem is that most telecom providers the new Personal Hotspot feature is now not have the network which is already nearly collapsing the data.

T-Mobile is entitled to block certain services, but then there can and not through a software change in my private property as is now done. The hotspot feature is not meant to share the Internet or to tether it would be double. Hotspot is designed to use multiple devices to form a network, if not at the location where you are present. With this network you can so your friends who also have iPhone multiplayer games, and exchange data with applications that only works within the same network. T-Mobile ontneemd all customers of this functionality. This functionality is not a service T-Mobile, but a feature of your phone, half of the T-Mobile is not entitled to deny you this functionality.

I have the iphone 4 with vodafone. If I configure personal hotspot pressure there that I should contact with vodafone ie Could I still have to pay extra for it to go or maybe Vodafone will support it anyway?

I do not know about iPhone subscriptions, but has other T-Mobile subscriptions have indeed a kind of data-limit ... Do you have a certain number (I'm just not sure how much) MB's than the speed of your mobile Internet much slower!

What I know: The hotspot function is regulated not purely on the provider settings, but apparently asks the iPhone itself and also from the provider, whether the tethering device must be used at all. At least it looks to me like this, because, as the personal hotspot menu item was there again, for a while it could not be clicked. Using the "loading circle", it showed me that it is waiting on some data.