Thread: How to convert from Nokia E72-1 to E72-2?

How to convert from Nokia E72-1 to E72-2?

I just want to know is it possible to do that conversion or not. Now the main reason behind the conversion is that im not able to connect to 850 band of my operator which I want to do that at any cost. Hence I was thinking if I would be able to do that or not. What do you all have to say about the same? can you all please reply to me accordingly over here. waiting for the necessary help.

Re: How to convert from Nokia E72-1 to E72-2?

Quote Originally Posted by pOLiSH View Post
    I just want to know is it possible to do that conversion or not. Now the main reason behind the conversion is that im not able to connect to 850 band of my operator which I want to do that at any cost. Hence I was thinking if I would be able to do that or not. What do you all have to say about the same? can you all please reply to me accordingly over here. waiting for the necessary help.
    I don’t think so it would be so easy to do that since both the models have different hardware and hence a simple firmware switch will not help at all, that’s what I feel here. so hope you did understand what I am trying to say here.

Quote Originally Posted by HamsiniI View Post
    I don’t think so it would be so easy to do that since both the models have different hardware and hence a simple firmware switch will not help at all, that’s what I feel here. so hope you did understand what I am trying to say here.
    Ok I don’t understand what is with the nokia I mean why is it selling a phone that does not support a particular band? They should continue with the production if e72-2 and e72-3 and stop producing Nokia E72-1. I mean I am very disappointed with the Nokia E72-1.

850 and 900 Mhz bands are available in both the models i.e. Nokia E72-1 as well as E72-2. Now there are selected operators which offer that much bands and unfortunately that option is not being provided by your operator and hence you are stuck. As of now you cant convert the models that’s all I can say here, that’s it from my side for you.

If you want then you can return your phone from the store you got it and ask for the E72-2. Now its upon the storekeeper if he wants to replace or not. So try convincing that store guy if he understand then it is well and good for you.

Actually I had got that phone from dubai and I stay in india, so that option is not possible for me at all and above all how silly of me that I did not realize that operators will also have a crucial role to play here In this, I am very saddened by this. Anyways if you all get some inputs for the said issue then you can revert me back that’s all I can say here.

You can get an updated sim card that has the ability to get connected to the higher band networks like 3G. What’s the harm in changing the sim card and then checking out. Probably you will notice some difference for sure.

Even I was getting some problem with the 3.5G and after changing the sim probably I can see the difference.