Thread: How to disable/uninstall Carrier IQ tool of T-mobile from HTC Sensation 4G?

How to disable/uninstall Carrier IQ tool of T-mobile from HTC Sensation 4G?

I have HTC sensation 4G and I have seen some videos and posts that says that my mobile has CarrierIQ software installed on it! According to these videos this software logs any keystrokes that user types in and this service cannot be stopped! How can you call this a smart phone if it has such a big loophole in it? If someone hacks in the phone then my id and password can be compromised over the wi-fi connection? Is there any way to remove this application from my mobile?

re: How to disable/uninstall Carrier IQ tool of T-mobile from HTC Sensation 4G?

Are you sure you have100% knowledge of this? Because I have read on the t-mobile forums that CarrierIQ is used only to troubleshoot device and networking issues like call drops and problem with signal strength! They don’t use it to get any content of the mails, sms or browsing history! Hence it is not right to blame without any evidences!

T-mobile has a key-logger installed on phones? This must be some kind of confusion or fake stories spread by some people? If this is true then T-mobile need to confirm this thing by coming out in front of everybody! If they don’t then I will have to switch the service provider! They don’t really realize they are actually hacking into our privacy!

You don’t have to be so suspicious about the carrier that provides so much better facility to users! We should be more careful with protecting your private data but when this type of tools are created they are made with some purposes! They have made this facility for betterment of people! These tools take important role in our life to bring in the positive change! We should be sure with them and greatfull to them for helping us!

If you don’t like this, then you should learn how to use customized ROM and kernel and use it! There are number of customized ROM available that have “zero logging” in it! But if you believe that only complaining will stop this then that is nonsense! They will always have something hidden in your mobile for their own benefits! How do you think they know all of your interest and send you regular schemes for something!

Re: How to disable/uninstall Carrier IQ tool of T-mobile from HTC Sensation 4G?

To confirm the fact I searched this article and found that there is a key logger in a HTC phone! If you will search in your application directory you will find the “HTCIQ”. It was on new HTC mobile as demonstrator shows how your keys are logged into a laptop (phone is connected to laptop). When contacted they say it is not their application then is it a third party application? The application also has the company’s logo on it? How is that possible now? I would say don’t use any confidential data on your mobile if exposed to others then it will be you at receiving hands to suffer!