Thread: ATT Networks Not working with Sony Ericsson Xperia active

ATT Networks Not working with Sony Ericsson Xperia active

Hi friends I have the new Sony Ericsson Xperia active and I am very happy with this mobile. But recently I was using my Xperia active with wifi it works fine. I have just changes the SIM and trying to mobile network to work but however it fails to work with the mobile network. I think there may be some of setting issue is it true? Or there any other issue for this networks failure. I don’t have that much of information about this Mobile and its setting so if you guys have any ideas for this then please let me know. Any of the suggestion or idea will be thanks and appreciated.

Re: ATT Networks Not working with Sony Ericsson Xperia active

According to my suggestion as you have changes the SIM card that means the SIM that you are using may require different setting to connect with the ATT Networks. You can get the setting for that particular SIM from the Service center or from the Customer service, contact to the customer care for that particular service provider and ask them to provide the setting for this SIM to be used in Sony Ericsson Xperia active.

The thing that I know about this mobile is that it used hspa which is quite good network connectivity to make use in Xperia active. According to my suggestion may be the setting gets changed or something related to that only. Because ATT not aware of the phone it works for each and every supporting phone. You just verify whether the status for mobile network is disconnected or it is connected. If it is disconnected make the connection

According to my information you just try this thing may it will help you out to make the connection with the ATT Networks. So first Have the setting for the particular SIM from the customer care service and then update it over there in the access point setting.

For that you have to first have to be on the Main menu and then you have to select the settings and then Tab on the wireless & networks and after that mobile networks and then access point names go to MENU and then tab to add New option there you have to make the upgrading for the require setting. May this help you out.

I have just go to that option which you had told me, but there I found lots of option that I don’t know So what are the input or the setting I have to make there in the add New option. Please help me I am very confused about the list of option to make changes. I'm quite the noob and I would really appreciate your guys help!! Any help will be Thanks

I have just go to that option which you had told me, but there I found lots of option that I don’t know So what are the input or the setting I have to make there in the add New option. Please help me I am very confused about the list of option to make changes. I'm quite the noob and I would really appreciate your guys help!! Any help will be Thanks
    I have get this setting from one of the official site may it will help you out so go to settings -> wireless & networks -> mobile networks -> access point names -> MENU -> add New and then make the changes as follow

Name: AT&T
    APN: wap.cingular
    Proxy: leave blank
    Port: leave blank
    Username:WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
    Password:CINGULAR1
    Server: leave blank
    MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
    MMS Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
    MMS Port: 80
    MCC:310
    MNC:410
    APN Type: leave blank
    Make the changes and then save it. using the save option.