Thread: Bad news - smartphone Explodes on an Airline

Bad news - smartphone Explodes on an Airline

One of the passenger who was travelling to Australian flight found that his iPhone starts emitting smoke and get overheated. This was the news which is release by the Australian airline. This happened when the flight just touched down in Sydney. The phone was cracked from the back and it was looks like, it was about to blast. Apple branded smartphone has suddenly caught fire in the hands of the passenger, but did not give any harm to people, but by turning a small fire was quickly extinguished by crew members.

Re: Bad news - smartphone Explodes on an Airline

I have also traveled with the iphone many of the times in flight but this never happened to me and also this is the first time I heard something like this. I think that there is some problem with the battery of the phone and so this happened with the iphone.

I have even heard the news that the smartphones, tablets, iPods even laptops etc are going to banned in the flight. If this applies then this is going to be very bad news for all the passengers. I hope that this will not happen and Apple will do some security changes for this.

AIRPORT authorities are working on the case, and according to rumors the fire first started on the right side of the back of the device, Apple has positioned exactly where the battery. The causes of what then should fall on a battery overheating the device which led to a kind of spontaneous combustion.

The reasons that may have led to this are manifold, but the most possible reasons are only two:
    • Excessive pressure variation: in landing the pressure inside the cabin, although pressurized and a very high variation that may have favored chemical reactions that occur inside lithium battery.
    • Excessive exposure to sunlight: the device may have been exposed for a long time in the sun, which may have contributed to the overheating of the battery.

Whatever may be the reason for this but the main reason is that the passenger have not taken care of this. He was supposed to hold the device switched off throughout the landing phase. I always do the same whenever I travel from flight whether it be any phone.

These days there seems to be a real boom of the Apple smartphone, but not in stores, but in the hands of unlucky owners. The smartphone has been given to the Australian Transport Safety Bureau to identify the problem. Apple has not yet reported on the case and there is still danger to carry these phones in flight. The best thing that you can do is to switch off the phone and remove the battery from the phone. Turn on the phone when you get out of flight. Apple will have to deal with this bad news. As far as I know that this is the first time that the iPhone causes a fire, but at the same time is not the first device. In fact, the first generation iPod Nano has showed the same problem and Apple is not corrected the mistake. I seriously hope that this will not happen to me.