Thread: comparing Classpad Tablet and Aakash Tablet

comparing Classpad Tablet and Aakash Tablet

I am here to have a discussion regarding the classpad tablet and aakash tablet. Need to know the best amongst the both. And also to clear the doubts of the people who are confused with the classpad and aakash tablet. Initially people use to get confused between the aakash tablet and UbiSlate 7 then later on they came to know about their specifications and relation. Many people were unaware about the fact that both of them belong to the same company. But now they face confusion between aakash tablet and classpad tablet. Anyone who know the difference?

Re: comparing Classpad Tablet and Aakash Tablet

Here came another cheap and the best competitor or aakash tablet; classpad tablet which released recently which you can call as the updated version of aakash tablet, but actually it’s not. I can only let you know the entire basic information classpad tablet is completely different from aakash tablet. From the designer to the specification everything is different. The classpad tablet was developed by a graduate from the Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi whereas the aakash tablet was developed by the London based company Datawind along with the Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi and manufactured by the Indian based company.

Aakash tablet when released created a boom across the world due to its cheapest price amongst all the tablets. But then came the classpad tablet is undoubtedly is unable to compete with aakash tablet with respect to the price but classpad too comes at the top listed cheap tablets.
    Aakash tablet released its first version as aakash tablet last year and now recently they are soon going to release its latest version called UbiSlate 7 which is the advanced and updated version of aakash.
    Heard that classpad tablet is soon going to release going to release in two models named:
    • The Trolley model - Suitable for the usage by a group of children.
    • The OTPC or One Tablet per Child – Suitable for a single student.

Yes it’s a fact that classpad is considered as the next version of aakash tablet. It has all the features and specification of aakash tablet which in fact is in a much better and advanced way. Classpad has a better battery life when compared to aakash tablet. The battery life is 7 hours or more which in turn more than enough for a student is. Whereas battery life is one of the biggest disadvantages of aakash tablet, its battery life is only 1 and a half hour. And it’s obvious that students would never prefer to use a tablet by connecting it to the charger. And also this will create a huge problem when students are on field or while travelling.

The most important thing which I consider in a tablet is the processor and its speed. I would love to decide the best tablet with respect to the processor attached in them. And according to me it’s none other than the classpad which is better. The clock speed of the processor of classpad is far more superior to that of aakash tablet. The processor speed of classpad is 1.3 GHz and aakash’s is just 700 MHz. so if you look out performance wise again classpad is going to take over aakash. I asked me I would definitely prefer classpad instead of going for the slow speed aakash if it’s affordable.

Yeah I agree that classpad is much better than aakash tablet. Not only the process speed or the battery lifeline but also when you compare the internal memory support it’s again classpad which is going to take over aakash. According to me internal memory of class tab double of aakash tab. Classpad has 4 GB of internal memory space where as aakash tab has 2 GB of internal storage. But yes when you compare the external storage support both shares the same maximum support. Both can support the external storage of 2 GB to 32 GB as both have a MicroSD card slot which makes it possible to insert a memory card up to 32 GB.

Maybe classpad is superior to aakash tablet in every aspect but ultimately aakash pad takes over the classpad with regards to the price. In today’s world especially the place like India looks out only for the cheapest devices and gadgets no matter how huge or small the specifications are.
    So with that respect aaksh tablet can easily take over classpad. There is a huge difference of price between them. Aakash right now cost around some 2500 or 2900 I guess where as classpad cost starts from 7,500-14,000 which differs according to the model they will release.

Class pad has released their product with a very good intention of providing a high tech education to the Indian and also to the non-Indian students between class 3-12 standard. But good deed intention will result in their own disadvantage because most of the common people are not going to invest such a huge amount on classpad for their small children, they will feel that this technical device to too higher to understand and not required for their kids at the small age.
    So it’s very much difficult for classpad tablet to be a huge success in India.

CLASSPAD TABLET SPECIFICATION-

• Price: 7,500-14,000
    • Model: Classpad
    • Processor: 1.3 Ghz
    • Internal Memory: 4GB
    • External Storage: 2 GB to 32 GB (MicroSD card slot)
    • Audio Output: 3.5mm headphone
    • Wi-Fi Networking: IEEE 802.11 b/g
    • Operating System: Android 2.2

AAKASH TABLET SPECIFICATION-

• Price: 2999
    • Model: Aakash tablet
    • Processor: 700 Mhz
    • Internal Memory: 2GB
    • External Storage: 2 GB to 32 GB (MicroSD card slot)
    • Audio Output: 3.5mm jack / Audio in: 3.5mm jackWi-Fi Networking: IEEE 802.11 b/g
    • Operating System: Android 2.3

Coming to the conclusion, if we compare classpad tablet with the major international brands of tablet like Apple iPad and Samsung Galaxy tab, classpad has the low price and can give a good competition to all the international brands. But in India its very much doubtful.
    For aakash tablet it is very much difficult to survive in the international market. But it’s amazing when compared with price aspect but again when it comes to the specifications aakash stands nowhere near around classpad.